C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need mechanic - Headlights issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Chris Finn
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need mechanic - Headlights issue

I live in the Asheville, NC area and am looking for recommendations of a good Corvette mechanic. I have some weird headlight issues and need someone who has explored that area enough times to not have to just start replacing things randomly. If anyone knows of a shop that they have used or heard great things about, let me know. My issue is that I have a driver's side headlight motor that continues running indefinitely after the car is turned off. I have to pull the wiring harness apart while the car is still running to keep it from continuing to run after I shut it off. I have even tried pulling out what I believe to be the appropriate headlight fuse from the fuse box under the hood, and it keeps running. I have been through the plastic gear changes, but this is a different animal.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:09 AM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

The plastic pellets are the common cause. The motor turns itself off. There is no timer. So if gear and pellets are ok you need a motor.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:14 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Six bucks of pucks and a hour easy fix. Can get the pucks from the help section at auto parts stores. They are used in some window regulators too. Video on youtube for the fix. Pull the connector off the motor and hand turn the **** on the motor till fixed you can leave them open.

Get notified of new replies

To Need mechanic - Headlights issue

Quick Reply: Need mechanic - Headlights issue