C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Iratic Idle after driving on the freeway

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:41 AM
IceDazzlr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iratic Idle after driving on the freeway

I have a 94 vette with an auto trans. The car runs perfect when driving it around town, but after running it on the freeway for a few miles the car idles iratic. It will idle normal for about 2 minutes and suddenly increase like it wants to take off. After the engine is turned off and the car has a chance to cool down, everything is back to normal again. The problem with the idle only happens after it's been run at higher speeds (like the freeway). Has anyone experience this. I've had this car checked out by three mechanics, paid money for diagnostics and everything checks out okay. I personally checked out voltages on injectors and IAC and O2 sensors and everything is in spec.
I don't get it!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
yedister
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IceDazzlr
I have a 94 vette with an auto trans. The car runs perfect when driving it around town, but after running it on the freeway for a few miles the car idles iratic. It will idle normal for about 2 minutes and suddenly increase like it wants to take off. After the engine is turned off and the car has a chance to cool down, everything is back to normal again. The problem with the idle only happens after it's been run at higher speeds (like the freeway). Has anyone experience this. I've had this car checked out by three mechanics, paid money for diagnostics and everything checks out okay. I personally checked out voltages on injectors and IAC and O2 sensors and everything is in spec.
I don't get it!
Are you saying that when the engine temperature is lower the idle quality is better? If so, what is a good temp for idle and at what temp does the idle starts acting up? Please take a look at this
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...ml?forum_id=48

Last edited by yedister; 06-29-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Iratic Idle after driving on the freeway