C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

suggestions to make my stock 85 faster

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:05 PM
pavich85
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F22
The L98 powered C4 will NEVER feel like you're driving your 700hp Cobra! But once you replace the injectors, it will certainly have more performance than it had. I wouldn't mod nothing until you do this. Personally, given that it's your Dad's car, sentimental reasons, etc, I wouldn't do anything else to it, except minor mods. Sure you can make an L98 go fast, it just takes $$$, time and trouble and by the time you're done, you coulda had a late C4 with the LT1 and significantly more horsepower. We own both, so I know.
I may do an engine swap waaaay later down the road when it becomes mine, and your right, as of now there won't be "alot" of mods being done, I guess I really just want this vette to run smooth for the old man! Like it was when he bought it

Originally Posted by Paul Ruggeri
Before you throw mods at it, check the basics. If the compression is OK, check the fuel pressure. Is it misfiring? When was it last tuned? Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, air and fuel filters. If all that's good then replace the injectors. FIC's prices are really very reasonable.
I'm going to get a comp test done next week, he has changed all plugs,wires,rotor,cap and filters. He hasn't checked his FP yet tho.

Quick Reply: suggestions to make my stock 85 faster