C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Straight Up Question re: tuning a LT 1 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 10:56 AM
ronniebfla
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Straight Up Question re: tuning a LT 1 6 speed

First off to all my mates in the C4 catagory for now being maybe 5 yrs of being a C4 Junkie and 3 of them later and if it wasn't for some of your help and the stickys I would have lost my mind completely, i have always found it thanks to yo'all.

Now my understanding is the purpose of tuning is basicly to suck as much HP/Torque/speed and shift timing and release the top speed limiter. Basicly to optimize every ounce of juice available...

there are many ways to accomplish this correct?
    but if you have a six speed, your not relying on shift points right? you control it?

can someone just basicly tell me if its worth the 400 bux for a diablo tuner or to even tune it at all when my 94 only has slp 3 pipe induction,
    magnoflow cans. everything else is basicly oem.

thanks for your advice and if you can help me to understand the tuning with a 6 speed.
    Old 01-28-2012, 12:56 PM
    thearborbarber
    Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the mods you have I am going to say no. Not really worth the $400. For a stock engine the factory has the timing dialed in pretty well for a mass produced car.
    Old 01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
    JackDidley
    Race Director

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

Not worth it. Watched a guy in an LT1 TA tweak his shift points several times. Ended up getting his best ETs returning it to stock.

Get notified of new replies

To Straight Up Question re: tuning a LT 1 6 speed

Quick Reply: Straight Up Question re: tuning a LT 1 6 speed