C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

85 Wiring Question - New Speaker Wires & High Stop Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:11 AM
sparcnz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 85 Wiring Question - New Speaker Wires & High Stop Light

Hi Guys,

Before I go attacking the inside of my 85 to change the speaker wiring; I would like to ask a simple question.
What is the easyest way to route the wires? And how did they route the wires to the rear speakers? (Do they go down the drivers side or the passengers side?
I intend cutting the box to fit a set of 6" Kicker Speakers.

Also a while back I asked about adding a high stop light, and got good replies. Even got a good diagram of the 85 & 86 which showed the different colour wires and how the HSL worked.
The 85 only has 1 wire (white) and the 86 has 2 (White & Light Blue), but while looking under the dash at the plugs I found the wires and then noticed that I have 2 wires (White and L-Blue) coming out, so maybe it was added, maybe a late 85? This wire goes into the loom and appears to run down the drivers side to the rear, so now I intend to see where the wire goes to and hope to install a HSL.
Any ideas on the extra L-Blue wire in a 85? (for interest).

Regards Kevin.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:50 AM
LD85
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I ran mine thru the door just like stock, then both wires along both sides to the rear cabin area to my amps.

I ran the RCA jacks up the tunnel and then behind the passenger seat to the side and back.

I have 4-Focal 2-way 6.5's, (door and rear positions) two 1" tweeters on the front pillars, and two 8" subs in the compartments, powered by 4x100 w and 400x1 mono for the subs
Old 03-02-2012, 08:12 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

If your not running an amp, you might want to use the factory wires.
Food for thought

Get notified of new replies

To 85 Wiring Question - New Speaker Wires & High Stop Light

Quick Reply: 85 Wiring Question - New Speaker Wires & High Stop Light