C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

On going mistery I need fixed before Rainbow Run. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 03:43 AM
RottNRobs93
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On going mistery I need fixed before Rainbow Run. HELP!

I have had this prob for about a year with not much help. The following is posts from me as I have been looking for help with Surgging / stumbling prob. Please read and ANY HELPFUL IDEAs are welcome.

----> My ASR light came on and car started running like crap. Light stays on then the check eng light comes on too.

Both cooling fans stay on the whole time car is running. (replaced temp swtich) No fix???

Checked codes. 22 TPS and 36 DI.

I know I could use a tune up.

Car runs great till it gets up to temp. Then stumbles and sputters till 2000 RPMs. Smooths and has power after that.

Any ideas????????????

A reply I had got > I found the following on the web when looking for an answer->

ASR acting up?
Your situation sounds like exactly what happened to my '94 coupe 3 years ago.
It took me over two years to finally figure out what was causing all of the grief.
I posted my issues a few times on this forum but it seemed like I was the only one who ever had this problem.

See if these symptons are familiar:
ASR service light came on and wouldn't work
Passing kick down gear wouldn't work
Idling was rough

After a few trips to my local garage and two trips to a GM service dealer, replacing the TPS ( throttle body sensor ), the ECM computer, new battery, GM finally found the issue by accident.

It turned out to be the air conditioning wiring harness module that was corroded where it plugged into the engine.
It turns out this wiring harness module, is tied into the idling, transmission and rear axle.
Immediately all of my issues went away.
You might want to have your mechanic investigate this possibility for your car also. <---

ME ---> Where would this A/C module be located?

Please help, summer is around the corner. :nuts:

---> I guess I'll change out my TPS and see what that does. Hate to buy parts that I may not need. I found some info on modules that I can look at checking the connections.

The warmer the car gets the more it runs like crap. Sounds like a popping sound coming back out the air intake. Could it be cats getting hot and loosing flow? Origanal cats with 146,000 miles. Would that make the car want to idle at 1200 - 1300 RPMs after it's warmed up?

Still at a loss on the ASR????? Topped off break fluid and new pads in front. Rears need pads still. (read the low break fluid could trigger the service ASR light.) How dose one service the ASR????

Resent info today

BUMP...BUMP. 2/2012 ME --->
It's been almost a year and tried a few things and still the same probs. WTF.. HELP! :spanked: :toilet

Same ol' codes still. Same sputtering and stalling at stops like it's loading up after car warms up. Over 2500 RPM runs great.

Changed the fuel pressure reg. It started leaking. Tune up.

Swapped ECM with another - same codes and run condition. :huh: So I put mine back in.

Found two vac leaks and fixed- still nothing.

So the other day I bought a INNOVA 3120 CanOBD 2&1 tool kit scanner from O'Reilly Auto. Wifey gets discount. YEY ME! Well it read the code her car had thrown that morning on her way to work / hence the reason I should get 1 I told her. :smack BUT... When I hooked it to my Vette Carma hit. It looks for my ECM and dash lights and heat blower fan comes on. Then a few seconds and stop and reads couldn't link. :WTF REALLY!
Codes I had got before was by jumper wire. Why can't this bring ANYTHING up?

I missed some Corvette GTGs cause of this last summer. NOT again. Do I need a new ECM? It's one of those you can't take back if that don't fix the prob. $$$ waisted. Rainbow run is coming up and I'm not trying to miss it AGAIN.

Any ideas welcome. More details in earlier posts from me too. like my A/C use to work too till this stumbling prob. Cooling fans still on all the time too.... TRADES for a C3 welcome too. :laughing:

Any ?s just ask. Thanks

Last edited by RottNRobs93; 03-06-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 AM
LT401Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried completely unplugging the ASR?

BTW you post is very confusing. I can't tell what is being posted now, what is a paste from a past post or what is a quote you found on the web.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:03 PM
RottNRobs93
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about the confusion. I had tried look for help from the other site. DC before I found this site. But unless it involves Obama then good luck. Not much on Vette help.

I tried to paste some of my posts from there to here. If your on that site too it's titled "sex sells and she's HOTT' lol

How and where would I unplug the ASR. Could that be linked to the stumbling/stalling prob?

Get notified of new replies

To On going mistery I need fixed before Rainbow Run. HELP!

Quick Reply: On going mistery I need fixed before Rainbow Run. HELP!