C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

no clutch pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM
derekguzz
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no clutch pressure

I posted this 2 weeks ago looking to see where I could order a replacement steel braided hose. but it isnt the hose thats leaking. I am really confused as I filled the tank up and had my wife pump the clutch. I can NOT see where its leaking. Where do these things leak from normally?

its a 94 6spd
Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 PM
NuckinFutz93
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your carpet inside the car. Had a car squirting fluid inside.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 AM
VRSCDX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just replaced the clutch slave cylinder on my 96 LT4. Could not keep fluid in the master and noticed fluid dripping from the bellhousing. No more fluid loss and now have a great clutch. You may have to bench bleed the clutch master cylinder to get it to pick up fluid. I did!! Good luck!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Ziggy91
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders on my 85. Somehow, the master kept letting in air through some kind of microscopic hole. I'm not sure how, but I was also getting black (yes, black) fluid in the master. Thought it was the slave... bought a new one and wasted a few hours bleeding that to get no results on start-up. Replaced the master cylinder today, fixed it and never had a clutch that felt this good.

Get notified of new replies

To no clutch pressure

Quick Reply: no clutch pressure