C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1986 Vapor Canister Question - Vacuum Routing

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 01:34 PM
chris1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1986 Vapor Canister Question - Vacuum Routing

On my 1986 convertible, it's taken me weeks to straighten out all the things the previous owner decided to replace/repair incorrectly, i.e jury rigged. Anyway, I'm now onto the vapor canister, and thanks to a picture that Agent 86 posted, it looks like I have the vacuum routing correct. I have the FSM, and the vacuum routing sticker is still on the radiator shroud, however I still wanted to check here as well.

My question is, if you look in the middle of the below picture resting on the bottom/body of the car, (coming out on the very bottom of the vapor caniter), there is a fairly thick vacuum hose coming out, which tees off after about 4 inches, and both lines are currently going nowhere, 1 going towards the front of the car, and the other towards the rear of the car. You can actually see the tee fitting right below/underneath and slightly left of the horn. In the lower righthand side of the picture, you can see where one of the hoses is just ending and not hooked up to anything. The part number on my canister is 17087214, which comes up for a 1989 model. I believe the AC Delco part number for a 1986 is 17113150. Was this specific canister even designed to function correctly on my '86? If so, where does the vacuum hose that is coming out of the bottom of the canister get hooked up to? If this canister isn't designed for my '86, I guess I'll have to grab one from a salvage yard, unless someone on here has one available.....

Thanks

Last edited by chris1; 06-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 1986 Vapor Canister Question - Vacuum Routing