Installed the new adjustable TPS from Eckler's today, and... - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Installed the new adjustable TPS from Eckler's today, and...

Old 07-01-2002, 08:38 PM   #1  
Lone Ranger
CF Senior Member

Default Installed the new adjustable TPS from Eckler's today, and...

Throttle response feels quicker. Not necessarily a feel of more power or thrust, but quicker response to my foot, which is a good thing. It's soooooo friggin' hot and humid here performance has to be off a bit anyhow (105 heat index to day, like 90% humidity or something + 95 temps). The car will be in the ECM re-learning stage for awhile since I pulled the battery after the install, not so much for the TPS but I thought I was going to also pull out the fuel pump and fuel pickup screen and inspect the screen... but I chickened out on removing the fuel lines (so I didn't do anything with it, just put the rubber boot back on and the lid, etc.).

What Eckler's sent: a. TPS with slotted screw holes, like the older TPS's were-- looks like Delco type, but no brand name notable on it; b. Test-lead pigtail Blue/Blk/Gry have test leads to hook voltmeter probes to; c. New pigtail and new terminals. d. Torx wrench (about size of small allen wrench) to fit TPS screws. e. Printed step-by-step instructions. Was $39.95 + s/h for $48.75 total.

I was able to get it set so as to hit ~4.0v (maybe 3.95v-- hard to tell with 'needle and scale' analog voltmeter) with throttle butterflies pegged wide open. Whenever I tried to adjust it beyond 4.0v WOT the idle voltage would end up beyond spec and cause the IAC valve to go through a reset everytime the key was turned on
Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Installed the new adjustable TPS from Eckler's today, and...
  •