C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

M'cleod Street twin clutch got vibration(95Vetteski) any thought?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default M'cleod Street twin clutch got vibration(95Vetteski) any thought?

Well I finally got my blown 383ci up running. Everything look good and sound good. But I have vibration problem at 2800rpm. Motor were built by Agostino and is internal balanced. I called Mcleod they say when I order the clutch I should have specify it for 383ci with internal balanced so that they can send me the flywheel with zero balance. Now they told me to take off the counter weight on the flywheel that would become zero balance. Any one encounter this problem before? or I have to send back the flywheel to Mcleod.

Bruce
93LT1 Conv w/ZF6
Blown D1-SC/N2O
ARE built 383ci
Old 07-04-2002, 10:00 PM
TrueBlue ChevyDude
Drifting

Location: Brandywine, Chester and Ridley Valleys Pennsylvania
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: M'cleod Street twin clutch got vibration(95Vetteski) any thought? (Bruce)

Well, I'm having some problems with a Street Twin, so bad that I might have to send it back, too bad, it worked great for a while with the stock motor, then since redline went to 8000rpm, I changed to finger actuation, the old one was a diaphraghm style. Might be a hydraulic issue in my case. Now, all I get is vibration. Probably not related to your problem, just thought I'd vent!
Old 07-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Default Re: M'cleod Street twin clutch got vibration(95Vetteski) any thought? (TrueBlue ChevyDude)

I talked to Lonnie Pavtis at the camaro board he say that happened exactly what I described. His motor are 383ci internal balanced, he take off the flywheel knock off the counter weight and that fix his vibration problem. I just wonder any of the C4 guys here experience the same thing.

Bruce
Old 07-05-2002, 12:38 AM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Re: M'cleod Street twin clutch got vibration(95Vetteski) any thought? (Bruce)

I replied in the Engine Mods forum:)

Just have the flywheel neutral balanced and your good to go!
Old 07-05-2002, 02:48 AM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Default Re: M'cleod Street twin clutch got vibration(95Vetteski) any thought? (95vettski)

Just have the flywheel neutral balanced and your good to go!

Thanks Bob. I really hope that will fix my vibration problem, so I can get it tune after break in period, I can wait to get rwhp # with 150hp nitrous.

Bruce

Get notified of new replies

To M'cleod Street twin clutch got vibration(95Vetteski) any thought?

Quick Reply: M'cleod Street twin clutch got vibration(95Vetteski) any thought?