C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

96 corvette fuel line rubber hoses connected to sending unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Z06Dad
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 corvette fuel line rubber hoses connected to sending unit

Is there a way to replace or repair just the rubber hose portion of the fuel lines that clap on to the sending unit? I am referring to the hoses that have the clamps that are tightened with a flat head or small socket. One line has one clamp and the other two. The hose I need fixed is the one with the red/orange mark painted on it and has the two clamps. I do not want to have to replace the entire line when it is just the rubber portion that needs replaced. Btw, the entire fuel line has been discontinued so I could not even go that route if I had to. Ok. THanks for any help. Clear as mud right?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Gordon94
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get anywhere with this? I have a 94 with a bad fuel pump. I opened it up yesterday to replace the fuel pump and in the process of trying to loosen the rubber fuel supply line by twisting it off have damaged the end.

I cut off the damaged portion but now it is too short. If I pull off the back bumper cover will I be able to reach where it transitions to metal line?

Can I safely use a coupler to add a section of new rubber line to extend the existing line? The fuel in that line must be at full pressure right? Whats the safest way to fix this?
Old 05-29-2014, 07:16 PM
WDYWFL
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I'm correct about which line you're describing (left of sending unit from rear of car) I replaced mine but noticed that the ends were different sizes. I slid the new hose (I used high pressure fuel injection hose) up the tube farther so I had a good seal. Also be careful when clamping so your fuel boot fits properly around the filler neck and seats correctly too.

Get notified of new replies

To 96 corvette fuel line rubber hoses connected to sending unit

Quick Reply: 96 corvette fuel line rubber hoses connected to sending unit