C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

what's holding me back?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by Tapio@FTTRacing
Few more guys and he will get his dyno money back and we get some entertainment
We already are getting "entertainment"...10 pages worth so far. I just wish there was a video of the "spark tester".
Old 07-06-2014, 12:57 PM
T. Wayne Nelson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
It's not going to happen in 2 weeks. I still have to rebuild my over drive unit before I can do anything with the car. I would have had the parts yesterday but I couldn't because the parts distributor was closed for 4th of july. So I have to wait till Monday to see if they have it and then see if I have enough money for it. Then my battery has to be changed because it died out on me while I was getting gas and I had to get jumped by a friend. Shortly after was when I blew the shift lever in the trans. After that I have to get an AC compressor for the car because mine seized up. Then I have to test to see if my fuel pump is not keeping up at high RPMs, when I change that I have to pay for 3 more tunes which will focus on normal driving aspects of the tune, as well as WOT. Then, if nothing else breaks I can go to the dyno.
Like I said, you are never going to dyno your car, because I doubt if you have a car. I would like to see you standing beside your car with a copy of your registration, and todays newspaper. You have more excuses than our government.....GO dyno the car right now, you need a base line..... Think back into your past...Do you remember when we set up a drag race, we showed up and you didn't....
Old 07-06-2014, 01:13 PM
cumbercr
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

I have not yet taken my car to a dyno. I thought the closest one was 120 miles. Today I found a shop with a Mustang MD-250 dyno 40 miles away. What do these places typically charge?
Old 07-06-2014, 02:22 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I just payed $45 buck to dyno my car. It was a club dyno day.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:27 PM
cumbercr
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ch@0s
I just payed $45 buck to dyno my car. It was a club dyno day.
Cool. I was hoping to get a few pulls for under $100 just to get a baseline.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 371 Likes on 307 Posts

Check and see if the place has a website they may have their prices listed. Around here it's $85 an hour or so, sometimes for three pulls if it takes awhile to strap down and get their A/F gauge working. $20 dyno day was pretty sweet!
Old 07-06-2014, 07:28 PM
ANTI VENOM
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not going to read through this topic again, but didn't the OP say he couldn't get traction somewhere in this thread? But he is low on HP? And he continues to post thread after thread. I'm even on board now. TROLL. That has never been typed by me in over 10 years on this board. Search all you want, I've never said it to anyone. EVER. Good day, I'm not going to give any more effort to this thread. I hope you all do the same...
Old 07-06-2014, 10:46 PM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTI VENOM
I'm not going to read through this topic again, but didn't the OP say he couldn't get traction somewhere in this thread? But he is low on HP? And he continues to post thread after thread. I'm even on board now. TROLL. That has never been typed by me in over 10 years on this board. Search all you want, I've never said it to anyone. EVER. Good day, I'm not going to give any more effort to this thread. I hope you all do the same...
I understand and completely agree! I don't want to be an adversary member on this forum; I even feel a little remorse when I have had a disagreement with one of the Corvette brothers.....

But I must say, this thread (like several others posted by the OP) is kind of like a train wreck....there is nothing good going to come of it, but you just have to look! They have become an entertainment piece.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:09 PM
ccrazor
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Quote from post 79: " Been there, done that, they couldn't fix it. I have a lot of knowledge about cars. The only reason why I ask it to confirm. You guys make me think I'm crazy, and in the end the things that I was talking about are persistent problems.

It doesn't benefit me if someone else does my work for me. That's what I do for a living, fix cars."

From what I've read in this thread the OP can't make much of a living fixing cars..
Old 07-18-2014, 07:31 PM
T. Wayne Nelson
Racer

Hey, where have you been, you were supposed to have a dyno run posted on here for us.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:52 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by T. Wayne Nelson
Hey, where have you been, you were supposed to have a dyno run posted on here for us.
It was raining, or he got sick, or he blew up his engine because he left it 2 quarts down, or or or or
Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 PM
RePete
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no, no. He blew up his 4+3
Old 07-18-2014, 08:23 PM
T. Wayne Nelson
Racer

Originally Posted by RePete
no, no. He blew up his 4+3
Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Still waiting on a direct clutch for the inside of the over drive unit. I had them deliver the clutch and the sprag yesterday, and I found the piston online. They sent me an overdrive clutch though, so I'm waiting for the right one. It would have been back on the road by now if not for them. Maybe next week I'll have the trans back in. Not ready to put it on the dyno yet, when it's ready I'll make it perfectly clear.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Dr_Shakalu
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
It's not going to happen in 2 weeks. I still have to rebuild my over drive unit before I can do anything with the car. I would have had the parts yesterday but I couldn't because the parts distributor was closed for 4th of july. So I have to wait till Monday to see if they have it and then see if I have enough money for it. Then my battery has to be changed because it died out on me while I was getting gas and I had to get jumped by a friend. Shortly after was when I blew the shift lever in the trans. After that I have to get an AC compressor for the car because mine seized up. Then I have to test to see if my fuel pump is not keeping up at high RPMs, when I change that I have to pay for 3 more tunes which will focus on normal driving aspects of the tune, as well as WOT. Then, if nothing else breaks I can go to the dyno.

So, I've been checking this topic for a while now to see how and when it will end and I think it's a lost cause. You supposedly spent $10,000 into your car and with all of your problems you know have all these little problems that you claim prevents you from dynoing your car. What got me was when you said that your battery conked out while getting gas and someone had to jump it for you. How many hours did it take you to fill your car? All that money into your car and your battery is one of the reasons you can't dyno it? If your battery was that weak, how did you start it to go buy gas? I mean if my car's battery dies while filling it, then you have a lot more problems than the one's you brought up. I have 2 suggestions. 1 for you and 1 for the moderators. Why don't you stop posting until after you "dyno" it and maybe the moderators can close this thread and you can start a new one with the dyno results? One last thing. If you want knowledgeable people to respond and help you, LISTEN!!! to what they have to say. You are having problems and are on here for help, not to tell everyone your problems and tell responders how wrong they are and give excuses that don't make sense. Maybe you should drive a Honda? My mom has one and she says that when she hits the gas, she can feel that it's about 450 horsepower (by the seat of her pants)!!! She can also use her A?C and is able to get gas without having to jump start her battery. Good luck.

Quick Reply: what's holding me back?