C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 11:26 PM
Izover4u
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE

well if u read my other post... my car wont start... i think its the anti theft stereo thing... i was installing a new stereo.. and nonw my car wont start... it is completely DEAD... anyone know how to reset this?? or can it be something else...??? :cheers:
Old 07-27-2002, 11:35 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Default Re: Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE (Izover4u)

I think the anti-theft stereo function just disables the stereo, if taken out of the car. I don't think it disables the car. However, I could be wrong.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:38 AM
Izover4u
Drifting

Default Re: Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE (STL94LT1)

anyone else...?
Old 07-28-2002, 12:46 AM
tempest
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE (STL94LT1)

I think the anti-theft stereo function just disables the stereo, if taken out of the car. I don't think it disables the car. However, I could be wrong.
if you are talking about the stock Delco/Delco-Bose, you would be right. i can't imagine any other aftermarket radios that will or can disable your ignition as an anti-theft feature.

when i installed my stereo, i left my battery connected during the install since i was doing it in a dark parking lot. the interior lighting eventually drained my battery.

if i were you, not to sound like a wise ****, i'd check the obvious - battery voltage first, then make sure that my "pass-key" (the resistor thingy on your ignition key) is ok.

good luck!
Old 07-28-2002, 12:50 AM
Izover4u
Drifting

Default Re: Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE (tempest)

i checked the battery....my key is fine as well... the entire car is dead nothing no electricity what so ever..... :mad ... anyone else..
thanks guys
:cheers:
Old 07-28-2002, 01:01 AM
tempest
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE (Izover4u)

looking at your other post, the clicking you mention is exactly what my car did when my battery died. to add to my story, i tried jumping my car when this happened, and in my first attempt - nothing, just clicking. so i checked everything over again and the ground i used for the jumper cables were not secure! repositioned the jumper cables - and whamo! i found that even jumpstarting a car doesn't automatically happen 'cuz you think you put the cables in the right places.

now keep in mind that your battery could read 12V (a battery charger is not a great voltmeter, by the way) and it could still be on its last legs. take your battery to an auto parts store or a battery shop to have your battery checked.

other than that, i can only think you have a short between ignition and ground, which you could easily find out by checking the fuses.

hope you find the problem!!
Old 07-28-2002, 01:05 AM
Izover4u
Drifting

Default Re: Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE (tempest)

that clicking at first was coming from the headunit itself... like it was turning on and off... so i disconnected the headunit and the clicking started form like the back of the ac/heater pannel.. it was really wierd....but when i put the key in the clicking stopped...and the lights turned on... but when i went to go jump the car.... boom everything completely died.... no more clicking no more nothing... complete darkness... :confused:

Get notified of new replies

To Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE

Quick Reply: Anti-Theft Stereo... Car wont start HELP PLEASE