C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Electrical guys HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 12:06 AM
RichAshley-Black99
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Electrical guys HELP

Ok my interior lights will not go out I thought it might be the door switches so i got new ones, no go so i pull the fuse so it doesnt kill my batt this has been 6 months and now Im back trying to figure out what the %^$$##$ on that well the same damn time my brake lights decide they dont wont to work either but my third light works, my brake lights all of them decide when they want to work sometimes they do sometimes they dont well anyway how much am I lookin at to get this fixed its really pising me off and I really dont know enough about electronics to be f%$@@#$v with this. I changed all the brake lights like I said it works sometimes...? Does anyone know abouit how much Top Flight Corvette in San Deigo might charge to look at my car or can someone point me in a good direction here in southern Ca that wont rob me blind Im pissed offfffff Help :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :mad :mad :mad :mad
Old 07-28-2002, 09:04 PM
vinny85
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Electrical guys HELP (AshleyRL-87Conv)

The problem with your interior lights not going out is possibly a failure of the dome light time delay relay. That also affects hatch operation from the door switches, but since you have a convertible that is not an option to check. The relay is located behind the passenger's side dash (behind the breadbox). You should be able to see it by pulling the lower kick panel. Normal operation of this relay allows the interior lights to go out after 30 seconds with the ignition in the off position and the doors closed. Can't give you a good answer on the brake lights. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Electrical guys HELP