C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Right Turn Signal Inop

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 06:40 AM
RubyRed40
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Right Turn Signal Inop

Good Morning. I'm one of few who has the right turn signal inop because of the broken plastic/metal bit on the turn signal switch. Just wondered if anyone has gone another route by adding
an external rocker switch to use as the left/right turns instead of the original switch/stalk/handle. Even when I watch the youtube videos on getting deep into the steering column, I get intimidated.
Would greatly appreciate anyone who knows what wires to find and use for such an external left/right turn signal switch.
(1993 40th Ann.Model)

Last edited by RubyRed40; 11-06-2020 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:30 AM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by RubyRed40
Good Morning. I'm one of few who has the right turn signal inop because of the broken plastic/metal bit on the turn signal switch. Just wondered if anyone has gone another route by adding
an external rocker switch to use as the left/right turns instead of the original switch/stalk/handle. Even when I watch the youtube videos on getting deep into the steering column, I get intimidated.
Would greatly appreciate anyone who knows what wires to find and use for such an external left/right turn signal switch.
(1993 40th Ann.Model)
Just fix the switch.. Its not hard.. Really
Old 11-08-2020, 12:39 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Agreed replacement is easy, finding the replacement is a bit more challenging. I know I have a couple spares
Old 04-24-2021, 08:18 AM
RubyRed40
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Completed Repair

I had time to repair the issue relating to "no right turn signal". After a good youtube video from an Aussie, I was able to get right into it. I was unable to find the exact part needed online, so I used JB Weld for plastic and just gooped the glue on enough for a stable bond, keeping the top of it clear for the metal nodule that passes thru the narrow channel. That is, bonding the half inch or so arched piece that affixes to the larger part connected to the stalk. I also fixed a longtime problem of no high beams. The high beam switch adjust screws in the slots were too difficult to reach, so I placed a black faucet washer or the like onto the round area where the metal rod touches and crazy glued for a little insurance. It took a couple of weeks of working on it after my day job and other things, nice to have a second car no doubt. Thank you for confidence in me.
The following users liked this post:
gdgeorge (04-24-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Right Turn Signal Inop

Quick Reply: Right Turn Signal Inop