C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

First Fuel Injection L98 manifold

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 10:57 AM
3D-Aircrew
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by djzv70
Would you let me know if you come across a First Intake Manifold?? I'm searching for one for my C-4. This manifold is still in production, but without the emissions hook ups.
First Performance Center
Old 08-19-2018, 10:22 PM
djzv70
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Manifold Intake

Originally Posted by C409
......... I ran one of the FIRST intakes on a 409" engine ... it performed well up to about 5800 rpm then the engine size overcame the long runners ... the runners are 1 3/4" in diameter and can be ported to 1.900" ... stock TPI is about 1 1/2" diameter ... they offer a milled down throttle body top for hood clearance for the C4 and also have a larger TB as an upgrade ... the TB is included in the price making it a very good value ... on the negative side , the runners openings were a bit out of shape and it took a lot of time to get them gasket matched ... when you think about it , there are 40 holes to match up to gaskets ... I eventually replaced the FIRST with a single plane intake ... because I like to drag race and always need to go faster ........
I couldn't find the person selling First Intake Manifold on 3rd Gen.????If you have any other leads, can you let me know?? Again, I'm looking for a First Intake Manifold that has facilities for emissions since I live in California..

Quick Reply: First Fuel Injection L98 manifold