C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 stalls, no codes and restarts no problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 10:21 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 146 Posts

Still dies. I finally bought a TECH 2 and we are going to hook that up with it set to capture error data and drive the **** out of it until something happens. With the TECH @ fully dedicated, we hope to get this solved.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:28 AM
RNAVDAVE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please keep me posted sir
Old 02-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Masterho
5th Gear

Default re:1994 stalls, no codes and restarts no problem

John,

By chance, did you test the EGR valve and hose, and the oil pressure sensor and wiring? Curious.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Masterho
5th Gear

I resolved my 94's sudden stalling/dying after testing the fuel pressure. Turned out to be a faulty fuel pump relay, located under the dash on the passenger side. The clue was the fuel pressure suddenly dropping from 43lbs to about 10lbs, causing the engine to quit. I'm still planning to replace the fuel pump/sender/sock as a unit, because the car sits a lot. The fuel filter was replaced 20k miles ago.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Brian Bodzenta
1st Gear

Default 1992 Corvette Stall Issue

Originally Posted by Masterho
I resolved my 94's sudden stalling/dying after testing the fuel pressure. Turned out to be a faulty fuel pump relay, located under the dash on the passenger side. The clue was the fuel pressure suddenly dropping from 43lbs to about 10lbs, causing the engine to quit. I'm still planning to replace the fuel pump/sender/sock as a unit, because the car sits a lot. The fuel filter was replaced 20k miles ago.
I have a 92 corvette and we have changed many parts including ( the opti, water pump, ignition coil, ignition module, spark plugs, spark plug wires) the car has went to there mechanics and still dies. Just about everything have been checked, like everyone else no codes.

I recently replaced the fuel pump relay under the passenger side however for the diagrams that I have available to me show that is two of them. One under the drivers side and one under the passenger side. I knew the location of the passenger side one therefore I replaced that one. But what about the other? is it worth replacing?

Has this fix stayed true? Or has the car stalled since?
Old 05-22-2018, 10:08 AM
Masterho
5th Gear

I believe the driver's side fuse/relay is actually located in the oil pressure sensor/switch, which is on the back of the engine. It's a dual-function sensor, which sends a signal to the ECU to cut off the fuel supply if oil pressure drops below a specified reading.

The car performed flawlessly, cold or hot...for a few days. Then, it stalled twice within 50 yards, at 30mph, but immediately restarted and drove normally. A few weeks later, I started it in my garage and, as it was warming up, it died. No codes, no SES, coolant digital temperature was 144 F, oil temperature was warm, too. It immediately restarted and I let it warm to full operating temperature without any problems. However, I didn't take it for a drive.

Bad ground(s)? Sensor(s)? ECU? I'm pretty sure it's electrical in nature, because

Back to the drawing board...
Old 10-30-2021, 04:34 PM
BetulaPRO
5th Gear

Originally Posted by John A. Marker
Still dies. I finally bought a TECH 2 and we are going to hook that up with it set to capture error data and drive the **** out of it until something happens. With the TECH @ fully dedicated, we hope to get this solved.
John, what was conclusion from Your story? I`m really curious because I have same problem and I can`t find answer.

Last edited by BetulaPRO; 10-30-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 1994 stalls, no codes and restarts no problem