C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

85 corvette - need a pic - vacuum lines under plenum

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 05:35 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Default 85 corvette - need a pic - vacuum lines under plenum

NEED A PHOTO -- I'm replacing all the vacuum lines in the engine compartment of my 85. unfortunately, the two lines coming off the EGR vacuum solenoid (going to the throttle body, and the ERG valve), and due to age, and years of "on the fly" repairs, are a patchwork of band-aid repairs. so, anyone have a pic of the area under the plenum showing the original vacuum lines and the exact routing. not sure if i'm going to run straight vacuum hose, or I'm going to try my hand at forming the specific bends in the plastic tubing. if I try the plastic tubing route, having a photo, showing the series of bends, as it snakes its way under the plenum would help. thankfully, these are the last two lines to run. I would like to somewhat keep it in an original configuration, but if that's not possible, I can always opt for the point-to-point rubber hose. TIA -
Old 07-10-2015, 06:25 PM
cohocarl
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
NEED A PHOTO --
Not much stock in my engine compartment so I can't help you there. Only vac. lines on my 85 are the pcv, power brakes, and distributor that connect under my carb...

I just looked through my shop manual thinking I saw a diagram of the vac lines for emissions, but didn't locate it. All I could find were generic diagrams of how the egr works, etc.

I'm sure someone will chime in soon with a pic.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Originally Posted by rodj
[/URL]
thanks, but...

I don't need a routing diagram, but a photo of the two lines under the plenum. BTW, the posted diagram is not an 85 configuration. thanks anyway -
Old 07-11-2015, 11:10 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

In an earlier post you mentioned maybe doing something different with the solenoid and I believe having your hard parts mounted, your connecting block to the solenoid and the appropriate nipples you should be able to use this as a reference for construction. Once you decide to use either hose or more correct "hard" tubing it should be pretty straight forward.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssem...category=19400

Not a "snapshot" but I believe a quality fabrication could be accomplished using this image. Really simple contours

I'd think that most any snapshot of earlier L98 could be useful, NOT correct but useful and suffice as a "guide" to use for construction. I believe maybe "rodj" assumed you could likely do with an appropriate routing guide.

"rodj" - good to see you around !!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-11-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
In an earlier post you mentioned maybe doing something different with the solenoid and I believe having your hard parts mounted, your connecting block to the solenoid and the appropriate nipples you should be able to use this as a reference for construction. Once you decide to use either hose or more correct "hard" tubing it should be pretty straight forward.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssem...category=19400

Not a "snapshot" but I believe a quality fabrication could be accomplished using this image. Really simple contours

I'd think that most any snapshot of earlier L98 could be useful, NOT correct but useful and suffice as a "guide" to use for construction. I believe maybe "rodj" assumed you could likely do with an appropriate routing guide.

"rodj" - good to see you around !!
per the attached link - part 37 is exactly what I'm looking for. not a photo, but a good illustration. it gives me enough info that I think I can fabricate a replacement. I have the original rubber "tee" that connects to the bottom side of the throttle body, and the rubber nipple that connect to the EGR valve, and a supply of the nylon (?), hard vacuum tubing, so I may give a try to replicate the part. not sure what the rectangle thing on the left side is - ??? - maybe some sort of mounting clip - ???

thanks...
Old 07-11-2015, 04:33 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

If there's an appropriate place for a "rose-bud" fastener you could use one as a guide/anchor and I'd consider putting the tubing is a thin insulated sleeve to keep the routing and add some life maybe.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Originally Posted by rodj
Beg to differ ,but on later years the canister purge line goes to a vac port on the TB ; not through a T on the PCV line as per 85/86 TPI

sorry, I should have been more clear in my post. it's the location of the egr solenoid that is wrong. on (at least) my 85, the egr vacuum solenoid is located at the rear most RH side of the intake manifold. the diagram would be more correct for an 86. my inquiry for looking for info for exact routing of the vacuum lines under the intake plenum for an 85. BTW, here's a diagram for an 85 corvette (one year only configuration). sorry for any confusion....-

Last edited by Joe C; 07-12-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:53 PM
85vegasvette
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

did you ever find a phots, i just changed my injectors and my plastic snanpped everywhere

Get notified of new replies

To 85 corvette - need a pic - vacuum lines under plenum

Quick Reply: 85 corvette - need a pic - vacuum lines under plenum