C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ASP Pulley & Meziere EWP ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 11:58 PM
LSWONGTO
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASP Pulley & Meziere EWP ?

Well I am ready for some bolton mods for my 95 LT1/6SP. Currently I have added a SLP Claw, 160 T-Stat and coolant swap with water wetter, stainless brake lines, hawk pads, and lowering bolts since getting the car in May. I have a Meziere on my GTO and it is purely awesome Just wanting to know if anyone else has the same combo on their car? How hard it is to swap the ASP under drive pulleys and what belt to run?

Thanks for anyhelp,

John
Old 08-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
Well I am ready for some bolton mods for my 95 LT1/6SP. Currently I have added a SLP Claw, 160 T-Stat and coolant swap with water wetter, stainless brake lines, hawk pads, and lowering bolts since getting the car in May. I have a Meziere on my GTO and it is purely awesome Just wanting to know if anyone else has the same combo on their car? How hard it is to swap the ASP under drive pulleys and what belt to run?
Sounds like you've got one mod, (so far) that does anything tangible: the Hawk pads.

UD pulley's should be a very easy swap; unbolt your old ones...bolt on the new ones. IDK the belt size.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:17 AM
LSWONGTO
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
Sounds like you've got one mod, (so far) that does anything tangible: the Hawk pads.

UD pulley's should be a very easy swap; unbolt your old ones...bolt on the new ones. IDK the belt size.
Well the new thermostat and coolant have brought the cruising temps down from 208* cruising to 180-184* while cruising. Much more responsive now with the lower temps.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
Much more responsive now with the lower temps.

O.K. If you think so.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:39 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

If you had cruising temps of 208 before, you had other issues. My stock 93 runs 192-194 cruising. Glad its cooler now.

The pulleys and electric pump will add some hp mainly due to less drag on the engine. The SLP claw will help if you decide to add more cubes and cam things down the road. Not so much on a stock LT1, air filter to muffler tip they flow VERY well. Not much to be gained without head, headers, camshaft work.

Not sure what belt but I recall Corvette Central selling those pulleys and have a Gates belt part number listed in their catalog, might give them a call.

@Tom400CFI, just let it go. Not worth the effort, man.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:18 PM
LSWONGTO
Intermediate

Thanks man, the temps might have something to due with North Carolina. Its always near 100 during the day and humid as hell. I am going to be buying a set of American Racing Headers when some stocks go back up. If I get deployed next year I will be going with an AI heads/cam/intake setup. My other car is a 600rwhp GTO so I can't wait to get the Vette a little bit faster.

Get notified of new replies

To ASP Pulley & Meziere EWP ?

Quick Reply: ASP Pulley & Meziere EWP ?