C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Good Shop in Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 09:49 PM
90Jason
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good Shop in Michigan

Does anyone know of a good shop that can trouble shoot the electrical on my car? I'm about 5 minutes from the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan. I'm at my wits end with the electrical on my 90 Corvette. It will not start after replacing the heater core and having my stereo CDM rebuilt. . . . As stated in my previous thread: I have spark but the car will not send a signal to the fuel injectors (checked with noid light). I'm getting a flashing "SYS" and codes: 1. C41, H41, H72, H74 then 4. Err. Checked my wires a hundred times. I don't want to start throwing random money at the problem by replacing my ECM, CCM, EProm etc. etc. etc. . . .

Thanks!!!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:13 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Had the same problem with my 91. I had pulled the fuse for the airbag to do some interior work while waiting for my intake swap to work out. Tried to start without putting the fuse back in. Just like you - noid light showed no pulse. Fired right up when I went to the "no start" flow chart in my FSM and realized the problem.
So - check the air bag fuse. If that does not work then call Westside Corvette Inc. Ph: 248-526-0454. 1817 Larchwood Dr. Troy, MI.
He helped me by inspecting a Corvette for an overseas buyer friend of mine. He kept us from buying a frame-rotted C3 several years ago.
If he can't help you then he knows someone who does.
Good luck and let us know what happens.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:26 PM
90Jason
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS!!! I will call tomorrow, I checked all the fuses, don't know what the heck I did wrong....
Old 08-10-2015, 09:19 AM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

With those codes, it could be a bad ECM. Before you pull the trigger for service, you might find someone locally with an 90 ECM to swap with.

Curts Auto Service in Oak Park is also a recommendation. I've used them several times for issues and it's clear the head mechanic knows C4 corvettes.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Stellabarbara
Stellabarbara
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 90Jason
Does anyone know of a good shop that can trouble shoot the electrical on my car? I'm about 5 minutes from the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan. I'm at my wits end with the electrical on my 90 Corvette. It will not start after replacing the heater core and having my stereo CDM rebuilt. . . . As stated in my previous thread: I have spark but the car will not send a signal to the fuel injectors (checked with noid light). I'm getting a flashing "SYS" and codes: 1. C41, H41, H72, H74 then 4. Err. Checked my wires a hundred times. I don't want to start throwing random money at the problem by replacing my ECM, CCM, EProm etc. etc. etc. . . .

Thanks!!!
I take my 90 to Heidebreicht Chevrolet at 64200 Van **** just before 30 mile. 586-894-0017. Adam is an expert with electrical problems on Corvettes. Ask for him (only him) and he will take care of you. They will also baby your car. Any other repairs I take it to Nightingale Service just down the road off 30 mile at Van **** 586-752-4514
Old 08-10-2015, 10:49 PM
tjschraf
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Not sure if vette products just sells parts or works on them too but that is close to you, Lake Orion.

Masterworks in warren has a very good name from what I recall as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Good Shop in Michigan

Quick Reply: Good Shop in Michigan