C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

carb turbo kit should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:39 AM
phucking-low
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb turbo kit should i buy?

my 84 corvette is already converted to carburetor, i was at my buddy's house and he has a old complete air research sbc v8 draw through turbo kit the looks brand new i don't think it was ever used no surface rust and no carbon in the exhaust side of the turbo. Comes with a old carb but i would probably use my street holley street avenger 770 carb. My question is should i buy it, hes only asking $500 bucks for the entire kit. My car is a weekend cruiser and drag racing and i thought this turbo kit on 5-8 psi and a snow performance meth kit would make a good combo.

So whats your guys thoughts and opinions, should i buy it?
Old 09-04-2015, 07:32 AM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by phucking-low
my 84 corvette is already converted to carburetor, i was at my buddy's house and he has a old complete air research sbc v8 draw through turbo kit the looks brand new i don't think it was ever used no surface rust and no carbon in the exhaust side of the turbo. Comes with a old carb but i would probably use my street holley street avenger 770 carb. My question is should i buy it, hes only asking $500 bucks for the entire kit. My car is a weekend cruiser and drag racing and i thought this turbo kit on 5-8 psi and a snow performance meth kit would make a good combo.

So whats your guys thoughts and opinions, should i buy it?
As long as you are OK with fabrication to make it all fit, then go for it.

Quick Reply: carb turbo kit should i buy?