C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ordered Corsa catback exhaust for my convertible. Any ideas whats included?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Christi@n
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SJW
Corsa is significantly louder than stock, but not obnoxiously loud. It has a nice rumble at idle, a healthy growl under moderate acceleration, and barks aggressively at WOT. Best part is NO droning resonance at cruising speed. Cruising at light throttle it's very mild, and makes it easy to talk to your passenger. Short of an active system (with baffles that open/close like the NPP system), it's the best you'll find. Expensive, but very high quality. Should outlast the car. Fit and finish are superb.

Live well,

SJW

Yes i've seen many you tube video about it... And i love that sound

Is the typical that evry v8 should has...i don't know why lt1 stock is so quiet. It gavis no justice to that SB chevy
Old 10-04-2015, 05:15 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

I k now a 96 exhaust is different than a 87, but all C4's underbody are the same regarding of exhaust shape.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Christi@n
Drifting

Is possible in your opinion, to get exhaust installed just running car front end on ramps, rear end on the ground?
Old 10-04-2015, 06:22 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,385 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Christi@n
Is possible in your opinion, to get exhaust installed just running car front end on ramps, rear end on the ground?
That's doubtful, and I'd hate to be the one who had to try it. If you can only lift one end of the car, lift the rear.

Live well,

SJW
Old 10-04-2015, 07:20 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

Rain break. Almost done installing.

Exhaust is under the car but not tightened up yet. Having an issue getting the center pipe that goes to the cat level. But almost done.

As for installing it aka lifting the car. Its actually VERY easy. Put two car ramps behind the car. Back up on the car ramps. That's it.

Tons of clearance super easy. I took a bunch of pics showing how I did it.

The lifting was the easy part.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:58 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Ok its in but I need to get the tips even. The drivers side sticks out further than the passenger side about an inch. No clue why.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:59 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

The kind of smokey look is the misting rain.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:57 AM
Christi@n
Drifting

Originally Posted by crowz
Ok its in but I need to get the tips even. The drivers side sticks out further than the passenger side about an inch. No clue why.

https://youtu.be/ufxdC75c_EE
I have zero experience about this, anyway trying to image, think that could be just sn allingmrnt issue, somewhere along pipes, or you didn't well insert one pipes in other

Last edited by Christi@n; 10-05-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:00 AM
Christi@n
Drifting

Put two car ramps behind the car. Back up on the car ramps. That's it.
Do you meant you have lidt just car rear end, no front?
Old 10-05-2015, 05:12 AM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Drivers and passenger side tips.
Attached Images   
Old 10-05-2015, 05:14 AM
crowz
Melting Slicks

The passenger side is about an inch further out past the bumper than the other.

Both are against the muffler hangers as far as they can go. I'm going to try loosening the hanger on the passenger side and see if I can move it any but I doubt it will move much.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:16 AM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Christi@n
Do you meant you have lidt just car rear end, no front?
Just the rear end is lifted by backing up onto the car ramps. You can see them in the video as its still on the ramps in the video.

There isn't any reason to lift the front really since your only dealing with the back side of the cat and then at the back of the car.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:18 AM
crowz
Melting Slicks

My son is trying to talk me into just leaving them uneven saying no one will notice but I pointed out that I'm planning on putting it in the local car show in a month so yeah it matters
Old 10-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Christi@n
Drifting

The passenger side is about an inch further out past the bumper than the other.

Both are against the muffler hangers as far as they can go. I'm going to try loosening the hanger on the passenger side and see if I can move it any but I doubt it will move much.
Have four mufflers tips from left to right same lentht? dumb question but i would chech them, if there is an imperfection somewhere, we want to find out

Last edited by Christi@n; 10-05-2015 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:08 AM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Mufflers seem to be identical. I'm going to use a tape measure on everything tomorrow. Rain cut short any more adjusting and it was dark.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:05 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Well I took it for a test drive today. WOW.

Performance wise it seems even stronger. Its hard to tell since it will spin the tires when you floor it no matter what but it did seem to loose grip a bit quicker pedal wise.

Sound wise its strange but great.

Interior noise is very quiet compared to the old exhaust (looked factory-ish but who knows what it was). But behind the car its get a ticket loud now with any pedal amount above idle. VERY loud. Screaming banshee level floored. Was very surprised since all the youtube clips seemed quiet compared to other setups.

All droning is gone now. Very pleasant inside. Its even quieter standing beside the car and in front of it but directly behind the car is very loud. Louder than what I had on there before by a good bit.

I think I'm going to be very happy with it if I can get it lined up right. I noticed when I got home the drivers side muffler has tilted a bit so I'll have loosen the clamps and turn it a bit. Still have to figure out how to make one longer or one shorter to get them even sticking out wise. Stepdad's opinion was to shorten the long one as he thinks the tips being out that far look bad. I kind of lean twards wanting to seem them stick out a bit but factory wise I guess the longer one needs to be shortened to look right.

So far very happy. Not sure if I'm $1100 happy but if it was free Id be VERY happy
Old 10-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Christi@n
Drifting

Well I took it for a test drive today. WOW.

Performance wise it seems even stronger. Its hard to tell since it will spin the tires when you floor it no matter what but it did seem to loose grip a bit quicker pedal wise.

Sound wise its strange but great.

Interior noise is very quiet compared to the old exhaust (looked factory-ish but who knows what it was). But behind the car its get a ticket loud now with any pedal amount above idle. VERY loud. Screaming banshee level floored. Was very surprised since all the youtube clips seemed quiet compared to other setups.

All droning is gone now. Very pleasant inside. Its even quieter standing beside the car and in front of it but directly behind the car is very loud. Louder than what I had on there before by a good bit.

I think I'm going to be very happy with it if I can get it lined up right. I noticed when I got home the drivers side muffler has tilted a bit so I'll have loosen the clamps and turn it a bit. Still have to figure out how to make one longer or one shorter to get them even sticking out wise. Stepdad's opinion was to shorten the long one as he thinks the tips being out that far look bad. I kind of lean twards wanting to seem them stick out a bit but factory wise I guess the longer one needs to be shortened to look right.

So far very happy. Not sure if I'm $1100 happy but if it was free Id be VERY happy

Have you lt1 or l98? Seems l98 from video sound

Last edited by Christi@n; 10-05-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordered Corsa catback exhaust for my convertible. Any ideas whats included?

Old 10-05-2015, 08:08 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Yep L98 383 stroker.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:23 AM
ricasso
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Christi@n, did you ever get a price for the catback with shipping? just to give you an idea I had a Corsa catback shipped over to the UK back in May 2013 for my 94, the total complete with shipping/duty came to £1,450 which is $2000..as I say that was 2 1/2 years ago, I dont suppose Italy would be any cheaper!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Christi@n
Drifting

Originally Posted by ricasso
Christi@n, did you ever get a price for the catback with shipping? just to give you an idea I had a Corsa catback shipped over to the UK back in May 2013 for my 94, the total complete with shipping/duty came to £1,450 which is $2000..as I say that was 2 1/2 years ago, I dont suppose Italy would be any cheaper!
no yet from TOM

did you meant £1,450 shipping duty and exhaust? or just shipping duty?

Quick Reply: Ordered Corsa catback exhaust for my convertible. Any ideas whats included?