C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ordered Corsa catback exhaust for my convertible. Any ideas whats included?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:12 PM
mtwoolford
Melting Slicks

Received 194 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by crowz
Ok its in but I need to get the tips even. The drivers side sticks out further than the passenger side about an inch. No clue why.
on my 96, which I know is different, I had to trim about 1/2", maybe a bit more, off the passenger side exhaust pipe (where it connected to the passenger side cat) to get every thing even.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:05 AM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

We ended up loosening the hanger (rubber brace above the muffler) allowing it to slide back on the passenger side to match. Its not "perfect" but its within an 1/8" now. Close enough you have to measure them to tell.

I never thought of trimming the pipes. Good idea.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:06 AM
ricasso
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Christi@n
no yet from TOM

did you meant £1,450 shipping duty and exhaust? or just shipping duty?
No, that was the grand total, so basically the exhaust including internal US shipping was £1000, and the international shipping and import duties came to £450.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Christi@n
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SJW
Corsa is significantly louder than stock, but not obnoxiously loud. It has a nice rumble at idle, a healthy growl under moderate acceleration, and barks aggressively at WOT. Best part is NO droning resonance at cruising speed. Cruising at light throttle it's very mild, and makes it easy to talk to your passenger. Short of an active system (with baffles that open/close like the NPP system), it's the best you'll find. Expensive, but very high quality. Should outlast the car. Fit and finish are superb.

Live well,

SJW
Just to have an idea, would be louder as an Harley davidson stock exhaust? Or less?
Old 10-09-2015, 02:34 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

If you mean the motor cycle its quieter than any Harley around here. But not by allot.

Its hard to compare since the motor cycles have that hard lope to them and the car purrs.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Christi@n
Drifting

If you mean the motor cycle its quieter than any Harley around here. But not by allot.

Its hard to compare since the motor cycles have that hard lope to them and the car purrs.
Yes was the motorcycle... ok a little bit quiet than an HD.

So it's ok For me ... It would not have been good if more louder....
Old 10-09-2015, 03:49 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,389 Likes on 920 Posts

I can't remember the last time I heard a Harley with stock exhaust. Seems most of them here in the USA have been altered with straight pipes, or something only a tiny bit quieter than that.

Live well,

SJW
Old 10-09-2015, 03:51 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SJW
I can't remember the last time I heard a Harley with stock exhaust. Seems most of them here in the USA have been altered with straight pipes, or something only a tiny bit quieter than that.

Live well,

SJW
Good point. I probably haven't heard a factory exhaust Harley
Old 10-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Christi@n
Drifting

Me too... I'm not sure to have ever seen an HD with stock exhaust...though usually they are very louder....maybe straight pipes...

However corsa would be quieter than an HD with straight pipes?there's no straith pipe here. We have cat, resonator and muffler

Last edited by Christi@n; 10-09-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:03 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Its louder at the back of the car than my power effects exhaust was on my 86 set to the straight pipe setting (its the adjustable one) and with gutted cats. So my corsa exhaust is LOUD behind the car. But very quiet inside and when your not behind the car. Its weird.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:04 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

I'm going to shoot some pics of the car when I get it a bit cleaner and when I do I'll make a movie showing noise behind the car vs inside and beside it.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Christi@n
Drifting

Its louder at the back of the car than my power effects exhaust was on my 86 set to the straight pipe setting (its the adjustable one) and with gutted cats. So my corsa exhaust is LOUD behind the car. But very quiet inside and when your not behind the car. Its weird.
Yes i know that is very quiet car inside so don't care about this, i'm just interesting about back of the car...

Would not to get something of very louder...but seems that is not the case

Quick Reply: Ordered Corsa catback exhaust for my convertible. Any ideas whats included?