C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'95 Vert - Radio has power but won't 'turn on'

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 05:07 PM
BitchinCamaro
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 Vert - Radio has power but won't 'turn on'

The radio was working last time I drove the car, but its been sitting for a couple months. This morning the radio will light up with the key, and display the time, but it won't play disks or tune the stations. None of the buttons or ***** do anything (no change on the display) except the disk eject button. This is the stock Bose unit. I've checked all the fuses and they look good.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:21 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

you sure it's not turned off
Old 10-31-2015, 03:57 PM
BitchinCamaro
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there something other than the volume **** to turn it on, 'cause I tried that about a hundred times. I can feel the click, but nothing happens. Also, the power antenna doesn't got up or down when turning it 'off'.

I swapped around every fuse in the box in the passenger door well. Is there another fuse box or relay to check.

I researched and found comments about the radio going into security mode, and needing to enter a code. But I cannot find any info on how to input the code and unlock the radio.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:02 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

not sure if it will help but look at the fuses in the box by the battery and the fuseable links behind the battery is anything else not working?

Get notified of new replies

To '95 Vert - Radio has power but won't 'turn on'

Quick Reply: '95 Vert - Radio has power but won't 'turn on'