C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

10k ohm resistor in ALDL?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 07:08 PM

Default 10k ohm resistor in ALDL?

i am trying to get my Craig Moates software to connect to my 165 ecm and i noticed it says i need a 10kohm resistor between the A &B terminals of the ALDL, should it be soldered in perminetly? or should i only install it when i want to use the scan software? i belive the resistor will put the ecm in diag mode? so will that effect drivability? thanks....sorry im still learning :crazy:
Old 08-26-2002, 08:02 PM
NHVett
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: 10k ohm resistor in ALDL? (Kamarossrs)

It should only be in the circuit when you want the ECM to output data. It does affect idle a bit, and the MPG readout on the dash will be fixed at a number. Sorry, don't remember what the number is, but it seems to disable the MPG readings. I put the 10k resistor in the DB9 plug with the transistor and the other 2 resistors.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:12 PM

Default Re: 10k ohm resistor in ALDL? (NHVett)

"I put the 10k resistor in the DB9 plug with the transistor and the other 2 resistors. "

is this something i should also do? does it take place of putting it between the a-b terminals? and where is the DB9 plug?.......sorry again bear with me this is all new............
Old 08-27-2002, 06:57 AM
JoBy
Drifting

Received 216 Likes on 168 Posts

Default Re: 10k ohm resistor in ALDL? (Kamarossrs)

Several ECM modes are available by using different resistance between the A and B terminals. Shorting them will make the CE lamp flash error codes. A 10k resistor will put the ECM in ALDL mode and that is required to use a scanner tool. Usually this resistor is built into the scantool cable so the ECM will go to ALDL mode when the scanner is connected. You could also add a switch in series with the 10k mode selector resistor. That way you can turn ALDL mode on and off by flipping the switch and keep the cable connected.

[Modified by JoBy, 11:58 AM 8/27/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To 10k ohm resistor in ALDL?

Quick Reply: 10k ohm resistor in ALDL?