C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

help with work just done on my c4

Old 12-04-2015, 09:44 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh Jesus. This sounds like it's going to be a nightmare. Running hot and misfire.... head gasket leak? Again? Lol.

Did the car actually overheat when the gasket was leaking before? Did they shave the head down?

I would start with a leak down test to make sure they did the gasket correctly.

A leak down test will tell you if that gasket is sealing properly and if the valves were adjusted properly.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Vic'89
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
Oh Jesus. This sounds like it's going to be a nightmare. Running hot and misfire.... head gasket leak? Again? Lol.
That is why I don't want anyone to touch my car but me.

They replaced head gaskets, right ? so they took off everything from the front of the motor, plus the intake, heads and headers. anything could be messed up.

Vic
Old 12-08-2015, 12:25 PM
desertmike1
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts

I did My LT Heads several years ago, shortly there after my "Cabin Heat" started blowing Luke warm air, turned out to be crap had accumulated inside of the Heater core do to the Top end job, and all of the gasket scraping, thread cleaning etc.

To fix this you need to gently Back Flush the heater core by disconnecting the heater hose's, and running water from a garden hose through the core.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help with work just done on my c4