C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ok i give up, somebody help PLZZZZZZZZ

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 05:26 PM

Default Ok i give up, somebody help PLZZZZZZZZ

ok heres the story, i have been trying to get my laptop to connect to the car with no luck, i have tried 3 laptops, i am sticking with the older one that has win 95 in it, the cable is from Steve Rues @ WOTelectronics, he confirmed that it is wired in correctly, black to black (term A) white to White (term B) and red to orange (term E), the car is a 1987 with a 165 ECM, the cable has a resistor built into it, i have tried moates software, winaldl, and datamaster, NONE of them connect or do anything.....what am i doing wrong? helpppppppp :crazy:
Old 09-03-2002, 06:37 PM
Sparks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ok i give up, somebody help PLZZZZZZZZ (Kamarossrs)

Make sure that your Com Port is enabled. I guess check for any other resident programs running in the back ground such as a virus or firewall software. I know Datamaster will not run with Zonealarm running. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Good Luck!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:42 AM
ol,RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Ok i give up, somebody help PLZZZZZZZZ (Sparks)

also take a good look at the plug in on the car, make sure all the contacts are clean and fully seated. I had one that was loose and not as far into the connector as the rest, once it was pushed into place it worked fine.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:22 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Know anybody with diacom? You could then try that just to see if your ALDL on the car is working. Diacom uses the parallel port.
Old 09-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Mike_88Z51
Drifting

Location: Sacramento, CA Money can't buy happiness - but it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than a Yugo.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Ok i give up, somebody help PLZZZZZZZZ (Kamarossrs)

Kamarossrs,

You could someone else running Moates' software to do a pin-out test of their cable and see if it matches your pin-out test for resistance and connectivity.

You might want to ask if there is anyone near you who has a cable you could borrow to test with. If their cable works, then yours is bad. Or you could try connecting to someone else's car. If it works on another car and not yours you can guess a bad ALDL connector or a bad ECM/PCM.

You might have a malfunctioning ECM/PCM. Sometimes inability to connect to a scan tool is a good indication that the ECM/PCM is bad or going bad. (I'd be darn sure the cable and software was set up correctly before I'd assume a bad ECM though.)
Old 09-06-2002, 10:32 AM
ZylaRace
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Ok i give up, somebody help PLZZZZZZZZ (Mike_88Z51)

I could bring my Diacomm up in a couple weeks. Email me.

Get notified of new replies

To Ok i give up, somebody help PLZZZZZZZZ

Quick Reply: Ok i give up, somebody help PLZZZZZZZZ