1992 Master Cylinder ABS Prime Nipple Repair - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1992 Master Cylinder ABS Prime Nipple Repair

Old 03-21-2016, 04:10 PM
r3rep
CF Senior Member

Default 1992 Master Cylinder ABS Prime Nipple Repair

Finding a replacement for the '92 to '94 reservoir is near impossible, and none of the aftermarket sources provide the ABS piped reservoir, even with the pruchase of the entire master cylinder. I found one source, and they wanted $139, just for the reservoir......No thanks!

After not finding a repair thread for the '92-'94 master cylinder reservoir broken ABS prime nipple, I figured I'd share how I fixed mine.
I found an 1/8 to 5/16 pipe to hose adapter (Dorman 072020BP) at my favorite parts place. I measured the threaded end of the adapter, found the closest drill bit, and expanded the hole to match. I removed the drilling debris from the reservoir, and cleaned the bore with alcohol. Then I used used two-part epoxy on the adapter threads, as well as around the hex of the adapter, to fix it to the reservoir. The resulting fix is much stronger than the flimsy plastic pipe and works well.

The Following User Says Thank You to r3rep For This Useful Post:
Benny42 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 09:50 PM
hcbph
CF Senior Member

Great job, thanks for sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to hcbph For This Useful Post:
r3rep (03-24-2016)
Old 06-13-2018, 12:52 PM
mfields

I'm having a 92 corvette restored and have been looking for a replacement reservoir only (with no success) when I came across your post. Is yours still working? If so, I'll ask my mechanic to order that piece and try it.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1992 Master Cylinder ABS Prime Nipple Repair

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: