C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need help with under hood wing on 84

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 01:09 AM
Born2wrench
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with under hood wing on 84

Can anyone help with my under hood wiring? PO started swapping to TPI. I have installed an Edelbrock 600 cfm and Performer intake. It's running now. I have my master oil pressure gauge ran inside through the firewall. I'm about to get my exhaust and tv cable connected. So, I'm itching to get everything finished to get the car on the road. I need to get the dash oil pressure and temperature gauges working. Also, my electric fan is not working. PO cut the wires near the fan motor; been jumping it while running.

I'm not familiar with the underwood wiring. If anyone can show some pictures of how the wiring is ran; where the harness run from and to. The oil pressure switch I have has 3 terminals, I found a plug on a piece of harness stuck up in the well under the dr. head light that looks like a 2 terminal oil pressure socket. In the same harness I found a plug that looks like it may be to the fan switch.

If anyone can provide p/n sensors it would also help because I don't have the original sensors.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:33 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

I sent you an email regarding some wiring and a FSM. I used the CF email function and I don't know that it takes a very short while to transmit, transmit right now or is on a schedule.

Check your email and respond to that. I believe I can help and there are several others that can also but it will help you tremendously to have an FSM so you can base some of your questions using it as a reference if asked questions.

There ain't no one post gonna solve it but it shouldn't be difficult. I can likely supply you with all of the part numbers for needed sensors/relays etc.

If the email hasn't found you post back and I'll send a PM OR use the email function attached to my "user ID" and send me yours.

"Born to wrench" hmmm You'll get to show us I guess!!

Best of luck with your project

Snapshots? Smaller image files certainly work best here for some.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 03-30-2016 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:08 AM
wilcar
Burning Brakes

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

I sent you an email via this site also. I have a carbed 84. You can email me at docwilcar@hotmail.com if you need help on the fan and fuel pump wiring circuit.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with under hood wing on 84

Quick Reply: Need help with under hood wing on 84