C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need help diagnosing ccm to ebtcm module 9 err

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 06:51 PM
jff.flv
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help diagnosing ccm to ebtcm module 9 err

Greetings all,

I have a P vin 95, stock electrical except the stereo head unit. The issue is its non-operational TCS system. No DIC lights and bulbs are good. Wasn't working when purchased. Hope to resolve with a fluke meter and dealership repair manuals.

Last edited by jff.flv; 10-06-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:15 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

I would look around the radio for pinched or worn wires.
The following users liked this post:
jff.flv (06-10-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Radio installation could be cause of data faults. Some installers aren't picky about what they tie into. You can pin check connector of modules in question. There will be charts listings dvom values on different pins. Poor shared gounds can effect multiple systems at the same time. Since you have err from ccm, I would start there. Access to a tech 1 with correct cartridges would be helpful.
jff.flv (06-10-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 03:09 PM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

If you remove radio you need a resistor to tell CCM.
jff.flv (06-10-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Not sure why last post is on email but not in thread. With the wiring - wow - thats alot. How attached to the stereo are you? I would let dealer spend one hour. There is a chance that he will tell you the car needs to returned to as built. The aftermarket electrical stuff needs to be disconnected or removed and wiring restored to oem. Not having radio should not be a factor. Since previous owner had troubles there is no way to know if car was ever right with added accessories. I'm not a stereo person so I would take it all out, myself i just need a simple radio with a player.
jff.flv (06-10-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 11:28 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

Forget the CCM for the time being. You say you KNOW the bulbs are GOOD and that you have NO LIGHTS at KEY-ON SO ....

Go to the ABS/ASR 5E2- (probably) and do the FUNCTIONALITY tests, that will direct you the appropriate sections of the 8A- section for diagnostic procedures. Do the checks one by one starting at the beginning of the SYSTEM you're attempting to FIX/Diagnose. Follow the charts .. just the charts.. You'll likely need a couple jumpers and FOR SURE some patience.

Don't worry about the radio and all of that ... you ain't mentioned trying to fix that!!

You mentioned the Fluke and that will do you well but you'll need a good test light/circuit tester. You get what you pay for here I think - others might argue that but I know no one that does diagnostics and quality repair that shops at HF for diagnostic devices. The guy that lent you the Fluke might have all you need OR suggestions.

A starting point might be .. with the DIC installed what do you get with KEY-ON? The owners manual I believe should show you what to expect based on car options. That's where maybe I might start ...Confirm - what maybe WORKS!!!

Maybe someone with a '95 could post a snapshot of their DIC at KEY-ON for you to compare to.

Check the right rear storage compartment for the SPID label. The options on that label would confirm what should be visible at KEY-ON etc. Maybe snapshot the SPID and post it if you've any questions.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 06-10-2016 at 11:39 AM.
jff.flv (06-10-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Need help diagnosing ccm to ebtcm module 9 err

Quick Reply: Need help diagnosing ccm to ebtcm module 9 err