C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

API Opti, Sac City ha any used one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 02:56 PM
DamonWood
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default API Opti, Sac City ha any used one?

Just wondering if anybody here has used these and had good luck. I am need an opti and just cant see spending $500+ one. And after reading everyone's bad luck or what I am way confused.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:36 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by DamonWood
Just wondering if anybody here has used these and had good luck. I am need an opti and just cant see spending $500+ one. And after reading everyone's bad luck or what I am way confused.
when acdelco new old stock was still available from the dealer, it was about $630 (with dealer markup).
Old 06-17-2016, 09:29 AM
DamonWood
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
when acdelco new old stock was still available from the dealer, it was about $630 (with dealer markup).

I have read your posts on this matter and your experiences. I have had no luck finding anything but reman delco. If there was another choice what would you recommend? Hell ABC auto wants $800 for their reman lol.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:42 AM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

I have had good luck with Petris Enterprises so far. Southern guy with good customer service.

http://petrisenterprises.com/store/#...=0&sort=normal
Old 06-17-2016, 10:01 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchTarga94
I have had good luck with Petris Enterprises so far. Southern guy with good customer service.

http://petrisenterprises.com/store/#...=0&sort=normal
This would be my 2nd choice. I don't believe Petris optisparks have the Mitsubishi optical sensor anymore, but it is converted to a vented setup (which makes like easier for the internal components). One guy here had problems with one, but there was so many insults flying back and forth (between Jim Petris and him) that was impossible for me to take a side. I have to believe if there was an early issue, that Petris would have straightened it out. He is a stand up C4 guy.

My first choice would be to hunt ebay. Look for some seller, selling '1' AC Delco optispark - in a tattered old box at top dollar. Ask the right questions. Have them open the box and snap a picture of the optical sensor with the Mitsubishi symbol

Another way to find one is to post in the 'parts wanted/for sale ' section here.

And if you get lucky enough to 'snag one', you will have to convert it to a vented setup (which is easy).

If you need one tomorrow (and theres nothing out there on ebay right now), Id give Petris a try.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:19 PM
DamonWood
Heel & Toe

Cool, I have been looking at the Petris because of the vented setup. Just saw thes with the 2-year warranty.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:13 PM
STEVEN13
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by DamonWood
I got one. So far so good. It has just over 200 miles. I did vent it with a MSD cap/kit.

My (un-vented) factory opti ran great with a whole lot of rust in it (12 years old) I would have used it with the MSD cap but must have damaged it when I took it apart as it would not start when I reinstalled it.

The MSD vent system does not vent via the housing. The plastic spacer has a provision for the vent. And of course the cap does too.

Steve
Old 07-01-2016, 06:14 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

I bought one from Sac City, and so far, (about 100 miles) it has done just great.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:13 AM
DamonWood
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by chstitans42
I bought one from Sac City, and so far, (about 100 miles) it has done just great.
Thanks! I am hoping it works for me too. I called the Corvette World shop in Dallas and talked with them about which ones they use and was told the Cardone from O'rielys, go figure and and have not had any trouble out of them.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:48 AM
thomastl
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I purchased the SAC city one in April for my 95.
Has about 2000 miles on it and no issues.
I would recommend.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:09 PM
DamonWood
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by thomastl
I purchased the SAC city one in April for my 95.
Has about 2000 miles on it and no issues.
I would recommend.

Cool Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To API Opti, Sac City ha any used one?

Quick Reply: API Opti, Sac City ha any used one?