C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Did Seafoam Kill my Vette? I'm stressed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 08:27 PM
POLOVETTE 94
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

A couple things that were brought up, which I didn't see corrected...
If this is a 94, which I believe, just looking at the initial picture (I haven't watched the video) , the stock injectors are 24 lb/hr, not 22, and the opti is not vented, that started in 95 on the corvette.
And is it copper metallic?
Old 07-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Nomad74
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by POLOVETTE 94
A couple things that were brought up, which I didn't see corrected...
If this is a 94, which I believe, just looking at the initial picture (I haven't watched the video) , the stock injectors are 24 lb/hr, not 22, and the opti is not vented, that started in 95 on the corvette.
And is it copper metallic?
Yes, it's a '94. Also, as for the color, I believe it is dark red. I can't find the paint sticker anywhere. I think it was on the underside of the center console lid, but someone ripped it out. The thumbnail for the video looks like it's copper, but I think the sunlight hitting the car like that caused it to look more orange than dark red.

As for the tank being cleaned out with a shop vac. I only did that after I had cleaned it out with a towel and it had sat open venting out for hours. It was dry by the time I got around to sticking the hose in it. No explosives happening here....thank goodness.

Last edited by Nomad74; 07-28-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:38 PM
SELLC
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've never been a big fan of Seafoam, but it seems every forum I go to regardless of vehicle brand is pushing the stuff.

I just use Premium gasoline on my cars and never have any issues. I also think that stuff (BG and such) that they suck thru the vacuum lines to clean the valves and such is a complete waste of money. I find the solution is often times too aggressive and just eats your rubber hoses and seals up.

You know what they say... If you open a can of something and an arm doesn't come out, it's not going to work.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:09 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by SELLC
I've never been a big fan of Seafoam, but it seems every forum I go to regardless of vehicle brand is pushing the stuff.

I just use Premium gasoline on my cars and never have any issues. I also think that stuff (BG and such) that they suck thru the vacuum lines to clean the valves and such is a complete waste of money. I find the solution is often times too aggressive and just eats your rubber hoses and seals up.

You know what they say... If you open a can of something and an arm doesn't come out, it's not going to work.
There is no shortage of people who want to believe that you can get $2000 of services for $20. Price is low enough to sucker them in and high enough for them to make money. This forum might be Seafoam but on diesel forums, there are all kinds of lubricity additives that make them think that magic will occur.

From my testing of the injectors there is some build up which is why I send them out. A couple hundred dollars every fee years isn't too bad.

If it is too easy, it probably won't work well. Kinda like Madoff. Bull market, you win. Bear market, you win. Feds come looking for your gains and some, you lose. Vegas is full of those people that think you can make a fortune with a small stake. Or lottery tickets. $2 and you could win a billion dollars.

Last edited by aklim; 07-28-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Did Seafoam Kill my Vette? I'm stressed!