C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

fuel pump power supply conditions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 02:14 PM
mran
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump power supply conditions?

I have engine of my 87 off in pieces due to broken connecting rod, and thought I would check if any of the injectors leak by connecting the fuel pipes to fuel rails and turning ignition key on.

However, it seems that fuel pump is not supplied with power, I assume due to having all engine sensor wires disconnected. Anyone know what sensors should be connected to meet the required conditions for ECM to turn on the fuel pump relay? Any other quick and dirty method to get power to fuel pump in this situation to check the injectors?
Old 07-28-2016, 03:08 PM
RWDsmoke
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

[QUOTE=mran;1592725897]I have engine of my 87 off in pieces due to broken connecting rod, and thought I would check if any of the injectors leak by connecting the fuel pipes to fuel rails and turning ignition key on.

However, it seems that fuel pump is not supplied with power, I assume due to having all engine sensor wires disconnected. Anyone know what sensors should be connected to meet the required conditions for ECM to turn on the fuel pump relay? Any other quick and dirty method to get power to fuel pump in this situation to check the injectors?

Unplug the fuel pump relay and jumper orange wire E to red wire A. Or jumper A to B on the oil pressure switch. Either one will run the pump until removed.
The following users liked this post:
mran (08-01-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 03:16 PM
mran
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you...was just browsing thru wiring diagrams to understand how the system works and learnt that jumping the oil pressure switch should do the trick - your comment confirmed the same. Easy as engine pulled out.

[QUOTE=RWDsmoke;1592726331]
Originally Posted by mran
Unplug the fuel pump relay and jumper orange wire E to red wire A. Or jumper A to B on the oil pressure switch. Either one will run the pump until removed.

Get notified of new replies

To fuel pump power supply conditions?

Quick Reply: fuel pump power supply conditions?