C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1985 sport seat bolster and seat back switch install

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 01:26 PM
1475glenave
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1985 sport seat bolster and seat back switch install

i have started a interior renovation and am a novice
the driver bolster and seat back switchs are non functional and i purchased new ones...but am confused how to replace...checked everywhere on internet...can some one help? thanks 1475glenave
Old 09-20-2016, 09:27 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

The switches mount in a small metal frame that sits inside the foam. The switch cover has 2 Philips screws that cover and attach to the metal frame. The wires are feed thought the top side of the foam to the bottom of the foam and plug into their proper harnesses. Be careful when removing the switch plate cover. Plastic that old can break easily. Some adhesive might have been used to hold the metal frame to the foam.
Question, where did you get new switches?
Old 09-21-2016, 04:47 PM
1475glenave
Advanced

Default reply and new question

Originally Posted by HAD2HAV2
The switches mount in a small metal frame that sits inside the foam. The switch cover has 2 Philips screws that cover and attach to the metal frame. The wires are feed thought the top side of the foam to the bottom of the foam and plug into their proper harnesses. Be careful when removing the switch plate cover. Plastic that old can break easily. Some adhesive might have been used to hold the metal frame to the foam.
hi had2hav2 and thank you for the information. you have been very helpful. i recently purchased the switches from corvette central new about $49 each.

also i have recently placed thread about how to remove old face plate from 1985 bose radio. i have the radio out and the top and bottom metal plates removed. the face plate is totally loose except for what appears to be a small computer board attached to the back of the plate. do you know how to either gain access to remove board or some other way i can disconnect board or any other way so i can get the face plate off.

thanks again

wally
Old 09-21-2016, 06:00 PM
1475glenave
Advanced

Default computer board

Originally Posted by HAD2HAV2
hi had2hav2, regarding last email i was able to disconnect computer board from face plate although quite difficult...so no need to reply.

thanks again

wally switches from corvette central about $49 each
Old 09-21-2016, 07:16 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

Sorry, I replaced my Bose radio several years ago for a modern unit.

Get notified of new replies

To 1985 sport seat bolster and seat back switch install

Quick Reply: 1985 sport seat bolster and seat back switch install