C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Lt1 w/lt4 hotcam rebuilt 355 dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 09:03 PM
Teothe1nonly
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Keep d36

Originally Posted by vette196
Do you want to sell the 3.07 or are you going to use the D36 and change gears?

I just want new gears...but I don't know if I can with this carrier
Old 09-22-2016, 05:36 AM
kg4fku
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Looks good!

Did you do a baseline pull before you did all of the upgrades? Curious to see what your actual gain was.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:05 AM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

I just want new gears...but I don't know if I can with this carrier
gear sets are made for both size carriers.

use this search and you will be able to see them from different vendors. if you have never installed a new ring and pinion, and don't want to go through the install procedure, you will need to pay a competent shop to set it up for you. Summit Racing seems to have prices you can use to get an estimate of the final cost (gears plus installation).

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20gear%20sets

this link illustrates the different thickness gears (Richmond also makes gears, I am NOT RECOMMENDING one over the other, just using Yukon as an example)

https://www.yukongear.com/partslist....ffName=Dana+36

Last edited by drcook; 09-22-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:07 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Nice result That's a fun cruiser for sure.

What type of mufflers are on it? I like the factory style square tips. Looking to go back to that myself.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:27 PM
Teothe1nonly
Instructor

Default Thank you so much

Originally Posted by drcook
gear sets are made for both size carriers.

use this search and you will be able to see them from different vendors. if you have never installed a new ring and pinion, and don't want to go through the install procedure, you will need to pay a competent shop to set it up for you. Summit Racing seems to have prices you can use to get an estimate of the final cost (gears plus installation).

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20gear%20sets

this link illustrates the different thickness gears (Richmond also makes gears, I am NOT RECOMMENDING one over the other, just using Yukon as an example)

https://www.yukongear.com/partslist....ffName=Dana+36
Thanks a lot brother!
Old 09-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Teothe1nonly
Instructor

Default Flowmaster original 40

Originally Posted by 9T3VETTE
Nice result That's a fun cruiser for sure.

What type of mufflers are on it? I like the factory style square tips. Looking to go back to that myself.
They are flowmaster 40s that I welded on in place of the facotry mufflers....I polished my pipes and painted the mufflers black with high heat bbq grill paint....did that last week actually....came out nice in my opinion. You like the square tips? I was considering changing to dual round tips. Thanks bro
Old 09-22-2016, 08:13 PM
A Peter C4
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts

Nice build I like your #'s Good luck.Hello Teo,If you decide to sell Your D36/3.07 I would be interested.PM me if you would,Thanks

Last edited by A Peter C4; 09-22-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:07 PM
mtwoolford
Melting Slicks

Received 194 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Teothe1nonly
They are flowmaster 40s that I welded on in place of the facotry mufflers....I polished my pipes and painted the mufflers black with high heat bbq grill paint....did that last week actually....came out nice in my opinion. You like the square tips? I was considering changing to dual round tips. Thanks bro
I like the look too.

Did you retain the factory (or aftermarket) resonator ? When I bought my 96 it had the exact same set up, Flowmaster 40's, with the resonator eliminated. It was loud and the drone was unbearable (at least to me and the missus); how's your's sound?
Old 09-23-2016, 12:13 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Teothe1nonly
It's personal preference obviously, but yea I like the look of square tips. Fits the cars personality. I've got dual rounds, love the sound but wish there was a way to get polished square tips on it....
Old 09-23-2016, 05:43 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Always liked the look of the stock square tips, fit the body lines and look proportionate draws less of the wrong attention too. These days having a modified appearing exh seems to be begging to be pulled over anymore

Stealthy is good, funnest cars are the ones that you dont hear coming much but leave them scratching their head. most equate quiet with being slow not always the case.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:48 AM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Always liked the look of the stock square tips, fit the body lines and look proportionate draws less of the wrong attention too. These days having a modified appearing exh seems to be begging to be pulled over anymore

Stealthy is good, funnest cars are the ones that you dont hear coming much but leave them scratching their head. most equate quiet with being slow not always the case.
Agrreed. I think stainless works has the best looking mufflers but I've yet to see anyone with the system installed...

Quick Reply: Lt1 w/lt4 hotcam rebuilt 355 dyno tune