C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1991 ebcm

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Colonie 91 Vette
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1991 ebcm

The "Service ABS" indicator goes on -- does not blink-- every so often. Local Chevy dealer said that the only solution was to replace the EBCM, but they could not help because GM does not carry any new ones. Has anyone had experience with used ECBM's, can they be repaired? Thanks for helping.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:01 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Colonie 91 Vette
The "Service ABS" indicator goes on -- does not blink-- every so often. Local Chevy dealer said that the only solution was to replace the EBCM, but they could not help because GM does not carry any new ones. Has anyone had experience with used ECBM's, can they be repaired? Thanks for helping.
You first need to actually have your issue correctly diagnosed. Did the dealer supply you with CODES from the diagnostics? Do you have the FSM so you could accomplish the diagnostics using the ALDL terminal H. For your '91 there are codes that I don't believe can be properly diagnosed without a scanner. There are vendors that sell used THAT UNDERSTAND what they're doing and if you knew and understood diagnostics I'd think a buy from them might not be an issue.

If you "paid" for diagnostics you should have been supplied with the diagnostic codes. If they didn't or can't I'd be looking for a refund or maybe the scanning done again and provide you with the information needed.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 01-04-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quick Reply: 1991 ebcm