C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Rebuild your Clutch Master or Slave Cylinders, Power Torque Systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:38 PM
mckinpe21
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rebuild your Clutch Master or Slave Cylinders, Power Torque Systems

Just a word of advice to those who still have your original master or slave cylinders on the 91-96 6sp cars. I full recommend rebuilding through Jim Jandik and Power Torque Systems, L.C. Top notch service and knowledge.

The short story is I bought a replacement slave from Ecklers and it failed straight away leaving me stranded at a family members house. 50/50 on whether I misaligned it when installing. Jim explained the factory one has a preloader allowing the slave to be compressed and aligned until the first pump. The Ecklers part did not have that so it was cumbersome to align, compress and move around the CAGS solenoid.

I found some past info on Jim's company through various threads and forums and called him up on a whim and we spent 30 mins on the phone and within less then a week I received it back. Amazing

While he doesn't have a website up and running he did say to pass along he is still doing this with the remaining parts he has available.

Jim Jandik
powertorque@msn.com
641-342-7446

I just felt compelled to thank him and others who keep the knowledge flowing and cars going.

If anyone is interested I will be posted my car for sale soon.
92 Quasar Blue, 6sp, 50k, 2nd owner, adult owned
Making room for a C5.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:07 PM
CaptainMerricka
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter McKinley
Just a word of advice to those who still have your original master or slave cylinders on the 91-96 6sp cars. I full recommend rebuilding through Jim Jandik and Power Torque Systems, L.C. Top notch service and knowledge.

The short story is I bought a replacement slave from Ecklers and it failed straight away leaving me stranded at a family members house. 50/50 on whether I misaligned it when installing. Jim explained the factory one has a preloader allowing the slave to be compressed and aligned until the first pump. The Ecklers part did not have that so it was cumbersome to align, compress and move around the CAGS solenoid.

I found some past info on Jim's company through various threads and forums and called him up on a whim and we spent 30 mins on the phone and within less then a week I received it back. Amazing

While he doesn't have a website up and running he did say to pass along he is still doing this with the remaining parts he has available.

Jim Jandik
powertorque@msn.com
641-342-7446

I just felt compelled to thank him and others who keep the knowledge flowing and cars going.

If anyone is interested I will be posted my car for sale soon.
92 Quasar Blue, 6sp, 50k, 2nd owner, adult owned
Making room for a C5.
+10

F the auto parts house replacements.
This is currently the only way to keep these cars running. The chinese replacements are cast steel (grey) and the stock ones are extruded steel welded to a flat plate and painted black.
Don't dump your stock pieces. I am still looking for a slave to rebuild as well through jim.

Quick Reply: Rebuild your Clutch Master or Slave Cylinders, Power Torque Systems