C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Tires, ZR1/GS size help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 06:11 AM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 163 Likes on 110 Posts

Default Tires, ZR1/GS size help

I am getting ready to bite the bullet and put some new tires on the Vette. I have a 93 with 315/35 17 rears, 275 fronts. I have Z07 suspension too.
Just looking for maximum traction, for going forward and turns..
Been out of the tire market for over 10 years, as the tires on it now are BFG KD's, not the KDWs. I bought them in 2007 while in Hawaii, and you cant put much for miles on there..
Old 03-15-2017, 06:39 AM
grandspt
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by krackenvette
I am getting ready to bite the bullet and put some new tires on the Vette. I have a 93 with 315/35 17 rears, 275 fronts. I have Z07 suspension too.
Just looking for maximum traction, for going forward and turns..
Been out of the tire market for over 10 years, as the tires on it now are BFG KD's, not the KDWs. I bought them in 2007 while in Hawaii, and you cant put much for miles on there..
The 315/35 17 size is the harder size to obtain but a lot of people seem to go with the Nitto NT03 or NT555 (NT03's are stickier). I personally went with the Mickey Thompson Street Comp tire (Similar design as the Cooper tires RS3-S. Cooper tire owns Avon tire, and Mickey Thompson), I am pretty happy with them. The Mickey Street Comps handle and stick well, they are quieter than my old Goodyear GSD3's I had, are cheaper and ride better. I bought mine from Summit Racing.
Nitto's can be bought online at Discount tire direct, Tire Rack, etc.

Good Luck!
The following users liked this post:
krackenvette (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 04:26 PM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 163 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by grandspt
The 315/35 17 size is the harder size to obtain but a lot of people seem to go with the Nitto NT03 or NT555 (NT03's are stickier). I personally went with the Mickey Thompson Street Comp tire (Similar design as the Cooper tires RS3-S. Cooper tire owns Avon tire, and Mickey Thompson), I am pretty happy with them. The Mickey Street Comps handle and stick well, they are quieter than my old Goodyear GSD3's I had, are cheaper and ride better. I bought mine from Summit Racing.
Nitto's can be bought online at Discount tire direct, Tire Rack, etc.

Good Luck!
This helps. I was lucky to have sticky tires on the Vette. Did pretty well in AutoX too, for street tires. Putting 425 rwhp down is tough on 10 year old tires...

Get notified of new replies

To Tires, ZR1/GS size help

Quick Reply: Tires, ZR1/GS size help