C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Any Emissions Gurus out there? Vacuum question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 09:17 PM
deerslayer1
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any Emissions Gurus out there? Vacuum question.

Hi Guys,

I'm still putting my '87 back together and have made the decision to delete most/all of the emission SSSHHHtuuufff off the beast. I took off the air switch, air dirverter, gutted the air pump, and plugged the EGR tube. My question is about vacuum hoses. There is a vacuum line that runs from the old air switch, down to the air diverter, back to the plenum, and over to the fuel pressure switch. The question is- can I just plug the old vacuum tube off where it went to the air stuff? Any issue with the single vacuum line going from the plenum to the fuel pressure regulator? The pic is me holding the line that went to the air stuff, and you can see the vacuum line running to the plenum and pressure regulator. I'd appreciate any info from someone who knows this stuff or has done it. Thanks!!

Daron
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2017, 03:04 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

You don't need the vacuum line(s) that you are holding in your hand (GM calls that thing a vacuum harness). Just run a vacuum hose directly from the plenum to the fuel pressure regulator.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:03 PM
deerslayer1
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks much fellas! I was assuming that- but I'm rookie enough that I didn't want to make an uneducated choice and do something stupid. I'm not quite done so I'm sure I'll be back to ask more questions. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Any Emissions Gurus out there? Vacuum question.

Quick Reply: Any Emissions Gurus out there? Vacuum question.