C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

rear marker lights not flush bubba situation

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 02:56 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Default rear marker lights not flush bubba situation

my 86 that I bought has the late C4 rear clip on it. It looks pretty good I like it. But the marker lights are not flush with the exterior panel which of course is not correct. Just put my head under there to see what the situation was. Have a look at these photos. Any suggestions? it appears that there are plastic tabs in the way that will prevent the marker lens from being pushed flush to the outer panel.

could this have anything to do with the early c4 marker lights not fitting in the late C4 we are in clip?

rear passenger marker loght not flush

it doesn't look like this can be pushed out. It looks like there are tabs in the way.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:12 PM
Tod Stiles
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

bubba situation is right! what year rear clip is on it? the later clip uses different marker lights than the 86. those look like they might be 86's.

but you're going to have to get the ones in there out - looks like some kind of adhesive holding them in. as far as how they fit, the tabs at the bottom fit into slots in the bumper cover and then are held at the top by two screws that go in before the side molding goes on.

good luck!
Old 04-15-2017, 08:29 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Thanks Todd for the guidance here. after i get the interior back together i think ill tackle this rnr first before i do engine work

Get notified of new replies

To rear marker lights not flush bubba situation

Quick Reply: rear marker lights not flush bubba situation