C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

RideTech RQ Series Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 11:19 PM
catso
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RideTech RQ Series Shocks

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about these shocks? I have a chance to get a set and wonder whether they are what I am looking for.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:59 AM
MatthewMiller
Le Mans Master

Received 1,705 Likes on 1,291 Posts

I know that the HQ series are monotube dampers using Fox internals, which is a good thing. I don't know what the RQ are based on, but they seem to be interested in making a quality product. I would call Ridetech and tell them how you use your car and what you're looking for, and ask them for more info and recommendations.
The following users liked this post:
catso (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 09:40 AM
catso
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MatthewMiller
I know that the HQ series are monotube dampers using Fox internals, which is a good thing. I don't know what the RQ are based on, but they seem to be interested in making a quality product. I would call Ridetech and tell them how you use your car and what you're looking for, and ask them for more info and recommendations.
Thanks.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:48 AM
MatthewMiller
Le Mans Master

Received 1,705 Likes on 1,291 Posts

BTW, if you do call them and/or try the shocks, please get back to this topic and let us all know what your find out.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:34 AM
marolf101x
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Our shocks are broken down into these designations:
RQ: Ride Quality (fixed valve, non adjustable)
HQ: Handling Quality (rebound adjustable)
TQ: Track Quality (rebound adjustable, high and low speed compression adjustable)

We also have two sizes of shocks:
Smooth Body: Fox 1.5 Series
Threaded Body: Fox 2.0 Series

These units are Fox parts. . .everything is from Fox. I designed the outside Fox designed the insides, we worked together on valving options.
(just a note, I did the outside as we use the same shock in either coil over or air spring [Shockwave] configuration, so I needed a smooth area at the top of the shock to seal the air spring.)

We carry every single part needed to build these shocks in-house in Jasper, IN. Though Fox supplies the "cartridge" in bulk we have the ability to design/build/modify whatever we want.

As such, all Fox based Ridetech shocks are rebuild-able, custom valve-able, and carry a 1,000,001 mile warranty.

I must state that the RQ line has been discontinued. We found the vast majority would spend just a bit extra to have an adjustable unit.

If you'd like dyno graphs or any further information please let me know.
Typically it's easiest to hit my email: britt@ridetech.com
The following users liked this post:
MatthewMiller (04-21-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To RideTech RQ Series Shocks

Quick Reply: RideTech RQ Series Shocks