C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Clutch\Flywheel Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 12:03 PM
Luis Cotto
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch\Flywheel Recommendations

Hello Everyone,

This is obviously not the newest topic on the block, but I have been reading all kinds of information on this forum and across the internet and find most of it to be very dated. So I figured I would ask today and see if I get any new information.

My question is simply, what would be the recommended upgrade clutch, flywheel, throwout bearing, etc for a 84 Crossfire 4+3?

I personally would like something a little more aggressive than the stock setup, and would like to hear what you all have to say.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:30 AM
Luis Cotto
Heel & Toe

Default Any Info

Anyone?
Old 04-30-2017, 09:56 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

I think any clutch would work fine for that application...even a plain old auto parts store clutch. If you want opinions about 'which is best', you'll get 'em like you get in oil threads. I'll start. I have had good luck with Centerforce.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:03 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

I pull factory Valeo clutches out of diesel trucks with 200-250K on them DAILY.

Quality is good. Mostly, the pilot bearing failed.

FWIMBW.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:55 AM
Luis Cotto
Heel & Toe

Default I should be more clear

hey, thanks for the replays. I should have been slightly more clear. I guess what I am really looking for are come pressure plates that will give me a bit more of an aggressive pedal feel. Right now my clutch pedal just feels very sponge like. What pressure plates out there over some more serious grab?
Old 05-03-2017, 09:32 AM
MatthewMiller
Le Mans Master

Received 1,705 Likes on 1,291 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis Cotto
hey, thanks for the replays. I should have been slightly more clear. I guess what I am really looking for are come pressure plates that will give me a bit more of an aggressive pedal feel. Right now my clutch pedal just feels very sponge like. What pressure plates out there over some more serious grab?
The pedal feel and the "grab" (friction coefficient) of the clutch package are two different things. I'm thinking the pedal feel has more to do with your hydraulic system being in good shape, but a stiffer pressure plate could make a little bit of difference. The "grab" of a clutch has a lot more to do with the disk material than the pressure plate, although again a plate with more clamping force will obviously grab a little harder. SPEC and many others have a lot of choices for disks, and the higher their torque/power rating, the more grab they will usually have.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch\Flywheel Recommendations

Quick Reply: Clutch\Flywheel Recommendations