C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Headlight Door Control Module

Old 05-17-2017, 10:50 AM
B_Crocket
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Door Control Module

I am hoping someone could answer a quick question regarding the Headlight control module. My issue is neither headlight door will function using the dash switch. I have proven both motors with a 12 volt battery and reversing the polarity to open/close, they are fine. I have 12.5 volts coming into the module on both (always hot) red wires, the black is good to ground, the yellow input wire has 11.7V with the headlight switch on and no voltage with the switch off. Not sure what the green wire is for??? Anyway, should the motor output of the control module be +12V with dash switch on and -12V with the dash switch off, which to me it would simply be reversing the polarity to reverse the DC motors. I do not see these results. I get the 11.7V out to the motor with dash switch on but nothing with the switch off. I don't understand why I am getting almost 1 volt less than battery voltage on the yellow input wire and also the motor output wire. I suspect the module is bad but trying to prove it before I invest in a new one. One more thing, I jumped this Vette with a booster and apparently scrambled the BCM which has been replaced and wondering if I did the same to the Headlight control module. Basic question is what results should I expect on the input and output of the module with switch on and switch off. This is a 1995 C4 LT1

Last edited by B_Crocket; 05-17-2017 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Wrong model year
Old 05-17-2017, 11:10 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ol-module.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight Door Control Module