C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

89 Coupe Passenger Window Not Going Down

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 05:04 PM
My1st
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 89 Coupe Passenger Window Not Going Down

Passenger window suddenly will not go down? I can hear a faint click when trying to go up or down but could not feel anything while my hand was on the motor. Is there a solenoid or a relay in the door or did the motor just go out?
Old 06-08-2017, 06:42 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 436 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by My1st
Passenger window suddenly will not go down? I can hear a faint click when trying to go up or down but could not feel anything while my hand was on the motor. Is there a solenoid or a relay in the door or did the motor just go out?
Sounds like a dead spot in the window motor. Simple test to save you the trouble of removing the door panel first. Hold the button to the position you want the window to go, With button held Slam the Door it may move and prove the Flat spot.

If the window goes down the Motor has a Dead spot and needs Repair/Replacement and you can keep car whole until Parts are Found.
If not pull the door panel and test Circuit.at the switch and motor.

No Relay

Last edited by s carter; 06-08-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:04 AM
My1st
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can I get the window to go down manually? Looks the like the motor and or regulator needs to be replaced. I also have to remove the window so a scratch free replacement can be put in.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:22 AM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 436 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by My1st
How can I get the window to go down manually? Looks the like the motor and or regulator needs to be replaced. I also have to remove the window so a scratch free replacement can be put in.
There is no Manual **** like there is for the headlights, if you cant get it to move by giving the Motor a Smack to get it past it's Dead Spot you will need to take the door panel off and Lift the Aluminum Inner Panel out of the way, and remove the mounting Bolts on glass.

Last edited by s carter; 06-18-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 89 Coupe Passenger Window Not Going Down

Quick Reply: 89 Coupe Passenger Window Not Going Down