C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

96 LT4 20k miles ticking

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 09:59 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by michrobi
A really good tuner that works with a ton of Corvettes here in Seattle listened to it today. He said it was so minor that if it was his he'd put a zinc oil supplement in and "drive the **** out of it". ....The sound is almost all gone now..... I doubt I would notice it if I wasn't looking for it.

Never the less, I need to get into that valve cover and see what's really going on.
It is your car and your OCD (I have mine, so not a shot) however you can break a perfectly good, non perfect car, searching for perfection.

I wrote the book on breaking the previously un-broken
Old 06-20-2017, 10:11 PM
michrobi
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You make a valid point. I'm aware my ocd is strong. Either way only some miles will tell.

Carburetor Connection in Kirkland is where I took it.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:52 PM
michrobi
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, gentleman. I appreciate your guidance. I'll post something later on when/if there are any developments. For now, I'll be pushing through in the left lane.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:33 AM
hockeyhead019
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like the "tick" I get from my fuel regulator but it doesn't look like you have one. At least not from the youtube video. Mine is right over the passenger side fuel rail cover. Looks like a little pancake inline with the fuel line. Maybe yours is somewhere else?
Old 06-24-2017, 01:55 PM
GRKLGHTNG
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Tuner in question?

I was told if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all...now that I've said that, your "tuner" doesn't know what they're talking about. I would have certainly agreed with him in regards to the zinc additive, if these engines had flat tappet cams, which they don't. The fact of replacing the oil and filter probably helped with the noise you were hearing, not the additive.

Quick Reply: 96 LT4 20k miles ticking