C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

85 Vette Air Duct Asby Removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 02:02 PM
vracer99
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85 Vette Air Duct Asby Removal

I am submitting this again with a little more detail. I am trying to remove the entire air cleaner duct assembly on a 1985 Vette. There are two *****, (Eckler's Part #25-108245-1 for reference to what they look like) on top of the duct housing. I cannot figure out how to remove these two *****. If I try to turn them they will only move a smidge in either direction CCW or CW. I don't want to twist too hard or pry up on them for risk of breaking if that is not the correct way to remove them. I am stumped on how to get these loose so I can lift off the entire air cleaner duct assembly. Note, these are not the two attaching ***** with the long threaded ends that hold the air filter cover. I had no problem removing them. I hope someone can help as I am baffled over this seemingly simple little task.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:05 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

The answer is provided in post #9 in your original thread.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:20 PM
vracer99
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Oops. I got impatient and jumped the gun. Thanks for your help. I was really getting frustrated over this simple little thing. I just couldn't figure out why they wouldn't turn. I'll twist on them now and hope for the best.

Get notified of new replies

To 85 Vette Air Duct Asby Removal

Quick Reply: 85 Vette Air Duct Asby Removal