C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

95 corvette horn won't honk

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 09:17 AM
SloMo49
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 corvette horn won't honk

95 corvette horn doesn't work. Fuse good, that's it. I don't know what else to look for.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:50 AM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Double check your horn relay. Connections could be loose, dirty or the relay is bad.

Refer to your FSM for exact location.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:38 PM
jsmcol
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 97 Posts

it actually could be lots of things, but you can eliminate the actual horns themselves by rolling down the window, lock the car to set the alarm, then reach in and open up the closed door from the inside. if the alarm goes off, then the horns are good, and the issue is further up the line.

Could be the relay, the horn buttons. I'm dealing with this right now, and just haven't had the time to pull the air bag and look underneath the steering wheel to see if that is the issue.

if you don't have a factory service manual (FSM), and you are mechanically inclined at all, it is a good investment to help you troubleshoot problems. You can get them on EBAY I'm sure. I got mine when I bought the car recently, has lots of good info in it...

good luck
Old 06-22-2017, 02:21 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

You should be able to hear the horn relay clicking when you press the horn button(s). If that happens, then the problem is on the horn and engine wiring side. If that doesn't happen, then the problem is with the horn switch(s) or the column wiring.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:10 AM
SloMo49
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
You should be able to hear the horn relay clicking when you press the horn button(s). If that happens, then the problem is on the horn and engine wiring side. If that doesn't happen, then the problem is with the horn switch(s) or the column wiring.
I get no clicking when I press the horn. I'll get a FSM.

Get notified of new replies

To 95 corvette horn won't honk

Quick Reply: 95 corvette horn won't honk