C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What are my options in LT headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 08:57 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

I did tpis long tube 1 3/4" headers on my 93.

fit was perfect. They were jet hot coated.
these were a great header that i miss.

i now have arh 1 7/8" stepped headers, swain tech coated. The arh are a qualty product but are needlessly heavier , overkill for my 350 application even Though its supercharged.

some people think its great that they are built so 'heavy' but to me it just adds weight.

The enticing thjng about arh is that they make a matching x pipe and 3" exhaust system that terminates in whatever muffler (sound) you want to put on there.

also kudos the arh are stainless steel.

the tpis are steel, but it wasnt like they rusted or anything.

spark plug access easier with the tpis headers
Old 11-27-2017, 10:17 AM
vette196
Melting Slicks

Received 262 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by mrodoc
I have an LE2 build in a 1994 4A, with Dana 44 and 4.11. I went with TPIS. Install was easy, fit like a glove with no modifications. I can remove all plugs in ten minutes. They are 1 1/2 years old and still look like new.
I am CAT free and no resonators.
I've narrowed it down to 2...TPiS and Melrose, someone said they weren't happy with the coating on the Exotic muscle(have to find a way to narrow it down). My question I have is are these headers readily available? I thought I saw that EM does them in "batches"
Old 11-27-2017, 11:16 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by vette196
I've narrowed it down to 2...TPiS and Melrose, someone said they weren't happy with the coating on the Exotic muscle(have to find a way to narrow it down). My question I have is are these headers readily available? I thought I saw that EM does them in "batches"
TPIS does them in batches too IIRC. There isn't as much demand for older stuff so that is how it is. They have the jigs and all that but why stock and tie up money on slow moving inventory?

That said, my TPIS allows me to change plugs easily. #6 and #8 are easier than the rest, if you can believe that.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Natrlone93
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the Melrose on my 93. Ceramic coating was good and they fit good according to my installer. I deleted cats since I no longer need to pass emissions and I have an x-pipe and some cheap turbo mufflers. Sounds decent but going to get some better mufflers soon.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:00 PM
RicardoG
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vette196
When I ordered mine they were shipped inmediately. I ordered the ceramic coated, no air and no egr version though.

Last edited by RicardoG; 11-28-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: What are my options in LT headers?