C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'87 conv Interior lights won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:23 AM
bearfan1985
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '87 conv Interior lights won't shut off

My battery has gone dead twice. I had it checked by autozone they said the battery & alternator are good. Drove it home, next morning did not start again. Completely dead. Put battery charger on it again, but the interior lights are staying on and won't charge. The interior lights were working OK last week and the car took a charge. Is there a manual shut off somewhere so I can at least get a charge and get it to the shop. I tried pressing the door lights, they click and shut off, release it they come back on. I'm a non-tech girl so if I need to do any fuse thing or whatever, I won't. I may just have to have it towed in. Thanks
Old 08-23-2017, 08:32 PM
djpink889
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

By door lights do you mean the black trigger on the door? If so they are adjustable. Gotta look closely and you'll see a spot where you can stick a small flathead screwdriver or the like and pry out the pin a bit. Shouldn't take much. Obviously be careful because they are plastic. I had that problem not too long ago with the trigger in my hatch.

Last edited by djpink889; 08-23-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 553 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by bearfan1985
My battery has gone dead twice. I had it checked by autozone they said the battery & alternator are good. Drove it home, next morning did not start again. Completely dead. Put battery charger on it again, but the interior lights are staying on and won't charge. The interior lights were working OK last week and the car took a charge. Is there a manual shut off somewhere so I can at least get a charge and get it to the shop. I tried pressing the door lights, they click and shut off, release it they come back on. I'm a non-tech girl so if I need to do any fuse thing or whatever, I won't. I may just have to have it towed in. Thanks
pull the CTSY fuse and see if battery stays charged
Old 08-24-2017, 02:20 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

yes pull ctsy (coutesy lights) fuse and then boost. that should get you to shop

cbances are its the interior light delay timer that you need to replace.

Last edited by VikingTrad3r; 08-24-2017 at 02:21 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To '87 conv Interior lights won't shut off

Quick Reply: '87 conv Interior lights won't shut off