C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Poly motor mount questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 04:19 PM
drive it
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

Default Poly motor mount questions

I finally got the project on the ground. First short drive it seemed like I had a miss at small throttle input taking off from a stop-just the vibration feel. Once you give it more throttle it smooths right out and pulls strong. This is the first time I've run poly motor mounts and have heard that they can feel like solids. Has anyone else run into this?
Old 09-08-2023, 12:13 PM
FostersPerformance
Melting Slicks

Received 686 Likes on 478 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The polys will amplify a miss or even drive train issues, yeah. After I installed mine I noticed rear end would kick a little harder to the left when I hit 2nd (manual shift kit in tranny).
Old 09-09-2023, 12:53 PM
ULTM8Z
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I've run a poly transmission mount and noticed a big increase in vibration transmitted into the car. I can only imagine what it must be like with the engine mounts.

I only run rubber mounts now.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:48 PM
drive it
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

I figured out it was starting out in 2nd gear-adjustment/breakin of the trans (4L60E) and now with actually starting in 1st and not lugging the engine it's apparent it's not a miss at low rpm/load. But it is a very different feel! I didn't realize that the poly mounts made that big of a diff. I can live with it-I'm not going to change them out now.

Get notified of new replies

To Poly motor mount questions

Quick Reply: Poly motor mount questions